*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Front seat conversion

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Front seat conversion

Postby Sparkylc4 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 2:41 pm

Hi all

Yesterday I managed to bag a set of leather front seats for free, I believe that they came from a focus. As they are electrical I would like to have these fitted and wired and in by someone. So possibly fabricate to fit too.
Would anybody know of someone in Devon area that would fit these for me please in exchange for some beer tokens :D .

My other question is they have side airbags fitted which I would like to remove or completely disarm them so no chance of going off, or does this not happen providing it's been disconnected from supply. On seatbelt catch side there is a cable that looks like it's going to a gas canister. By cutting the cable and removing canister will this make it safe.

Thanks in advance
Mark
Sorry I think I have posted in the wrong location :(
Sparkylc4
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Front seat conversion

Postby liteace » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:34 pm

Just to be on the safe side get these fitted by someone that knows what they are doing, airbags do save lives.

With the side \ seat airbags disconnect there's no chance of them going off BUT the SRS control module may have connections for these, if it has they could be wired in

The gas canister is the seat belt pretensioner, if your van is fitted with it \ them they could really do with connecting up to the system so it works as it should, if not remove \ disconnect it
Please don't send me PM's, i can't access them, when I try I get this:

You are not authorised to send private messages
liteace
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Front seat conversion

Postby Sparkylc4 » Sun Jan 25, 2015 3:49 pm

Thanks lite ace
I have no intention of fitting these seats, I am after someone as local as poss to me to fit.
Looking for recommendations
Sparkylc4
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect