*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

TDCi to TDDi

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

TDCi to TDDi

Postby jansu83 » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:01 pm

Is it possible to make a TDCi engine a TDDi for example by taking the cylinder head and fuel pump from TDDi and bolt these on TDCi block and fitting TDDi engine wiring loom to TDCi Connect? Are there any major differences that make this switch impossible or should I get the whole TDDi engine with the Connect TDDi Engine wiring loom + correct ECU if I would like to make the engine type exchange?
Tourneo Connect 2005 TDCi 90hp
jansu83
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: TDCi to TDDi

Postby liteace » Mon Mar 02, 2015 7:20 pm

Nope you will have to change the whole engine, tdci and tddi have different pistons + loom is different

If you want it to work then yes get the complete engine, engine loom and ECU and change the lot over
Please don't send me PM's, i can't access them, when I try I get this:

You are not authorised to send private messages
liteace
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby jansu83 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:26 pm

Ok. Which Focus TDDi engines (engine codes) are the same as Transit Connect TDDi engines? And how about if I take the Focus 90 ps ECU to my Connect with TDDi engine wiring loom, is there some specific engine code that must be installed with that ECU for some reason or is it enough that it just is a 1.8 TDDi taken from Focus -99...-04 or Transit Connect? What are the main differences between 75 ps Transit Connect engine and 90 ps Focus TDDi engine? And does anyone know if the exhaust manifold, EGR, turbo and intake manifold are same in 90ps TDCi and 75ps (90 ps on Focus) TDDi?
Tourneo Connect 2005 TDCi 90hp
jansu83
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby liteace » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:41 pm

Focus tddi with codes:

BHDA/B,.. 75PS
C9DA/B,.. 90PS
C9DC,......90PS

will fit no problem, to make it easy use the connects inlet and exhaust (turbo) manifold and ECU, the only thing you'll have to do is match \ code the pump to the connects key
Please don't send me PM's, i can't access them, when I try I get this:

You are not authorised to send private messages
liteace
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Transit Connect