*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

how fecked will it be....

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Re: how fecked will it be....

Postby ATL-driver » Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:05 am

David, i'll be honest, for me after 100,000mls in 2 years, in a chiller converted connect 75 which was always at the dealer, broken , to my Berlingo which after 16 month is on 75,000mls problem free and is lovely to drive, I had retro fitted Cruise Control which is nice, and 3 in cab seats, perfect for me missus and kid to join me. always have a soft spot for the transit connect they handle better than the Citroën, but Citroën is winning hands down atm for me
ATL-driver
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Backbone of Britain » Mon Mar 16, 2015 5:52 pm

ATL-driver wrote:could do, it's the directors fault haha he hired him, I'm fleet manager I just deal with the aftermath

if it's going to be a big bill, we aren't okaying the job so will just sell the 60 Plate 90ps cheap, as it's only 60,000mls away from being replaced (October time) this van has been good as gold, and had the easy life/route, our 11 plate 75ps chiller van did 93,000mls in 22 months with us before snapping it's oil pump drive taking out the turbo and the block, seizing it solid, fixed under warranty, had a much harder life/route but I was due a new van so am in a Citreon Berlingo now, which in 16 months has covered 76,000 problem free miles

Why are you driving the vans and doing such high mileage in them if you are the fleet manager?
2006 Mk6 115 T350 LWB Highroof
2008 Mk7 115 T350 LX LWB Highroof
Backbone of Britain
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby connect4kev » Mon Mar 16, 2015 6:12 pm

yeh my old 51 plate berlingo was nearly faultless too mate , love the connect though just think they need more maintainance than the berlingo or it is with mine anyway
the devil may" care but I bloody dont
connect4kev
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby ATL-driver » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:22 pm

Backbone of Britain wrote:
ATL-driver wrote:could do, it's the directors fault haha he hired him, I'm fleet manager I just deal with the aftermath

if it's going to be a big bill, we aren't okaying the job so will just sell the 60 Plate 90ps cheap, as it's only 60,000mls away from being replaced (October time) this van has been good as gold, and had the easy life/route, our 11 plate 75ps chiller van did 93,000mls in 22 months with us before snapping it's oil pump drive taking out the turbo and the block, seizing it solid, fixed under warranty, had a much harder life/route but I was due a new van so am in a Citreon Berlingo now, which in 16 months has covered 76,000 problem free miles

Why are you driving the vans and doing such high mileage in them if you are the fleet manager?

because it's only a small fleet of 4 vans, not really a full time job so I'm also the main driver, trust me I love being out of the office, I've always driven for work, vehicle transportation was my favourite, as the company grows though I am finding more work time is in the office or the garage moaning at mechanics lol (which I used to be)
ATL-driver
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Backbone of Britain » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:27 pm

ATL-driver wrote:
Backbone of Britain wrote:

because it's only a small fleet of 4 vans, not really a full time job so I'm also the main driver, trust me I love being out of the office, I've always driven for work, vehicle transportation was my favourite, as the company grows though I am finding more work time is in the office or the garage moaning at mechanics lol (which I used to be)

Fair enough..
2006 Mk6 115 T350 LWB Highroof
2008 Mk7 115 T350 LX LWB Highroof
Backbone of Britain
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby ATL-driver » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:49 pm

this was a video of it coughing due to £59 of Vpower Unleaded

ATL-driver
Transit Addict
Transit Addict