*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Rear power point?

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Rear power point?

Postby busajohn » Sun Apr 12, 2015 2:14 pm

Hi I got a 220 low top and looking for a power point theres suppose to be one in the rear but I cant find it . Mine has been plyed out so its under there somewhere but where drivers side or passenger anyone help plz
busajohn
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Rear power point?

Postby Graham Taylor » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:17 pm

Drivers side behind the ply boarding if you have one, not all Connects have the wiring.
Graham Taylor
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby busajohn » Sun Apr 12, 2015 3:21 pm

busajohn
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby cambium » Sun Apr 12, 2015 4:23 pm

Type your reg and it gives your vehicles full spec from 1St registration it will tell you if it had one or in ally fitted

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSele ... 1.fcvas510
cambium
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Graham Taylor » Sun Apr 12, 2015 6:03 pm

cambium wrote:Type your reg and it gives your vehicles full spec from 1St registration it will tell you if it had one or in ally fitted

http://www.etis.ford.com/vehicleRegSele ... 1.fcvas510

Some Connects have wiring for additional features but not actually fitted so wont be listed if so. I had wiring for front fogs, electric windows/mirrors and rear 12v but non fitted. Always worth a look to see if you have any of these and if so makes it so much easier to add.
Graham Taylor
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby doebag » Sun Apr 12, 2015 7:24 pm

IF you have the wiring

Follow the wiring loom up from the o/s rear light cluster, it goes forward towards the drivers door. Along the route you should find a connector that is tucked away and possibly taped up. The wiring on mine was also looped back and taped up, the loop was a good indicator that something 'extra' was available.
The hardest part for me was getting at the loop/connector/tape to cut the tape to free up the wiring. I unclipped the loom in a few places and jiggled it back and forth to get a small stanley knife in to cut the tape.
doebag
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby cambium » Fri Apr 24, 2015 5:33 pm

Is this for an accessory socket on the nearside interior of my 2010 connect trend, there is also a similar cable and plug on the offside interior but there is also a hole in the bodywork strut which I assume is for fitting an accessory socket but there is no hole on the nearside for a socket just the cable and plug 1 wire blue/white the other violet or pink / white
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cambium
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Another Yank » Fri May 01, 2015 1:17 am

I have a 2010 TC XLT, so there is a rear power point but that may be one of the few similarities. I'm futzing with mine to tap into the power. My connector has 3 connections, but uses only two. The power is an orange wire, always hot; the other wire is the ground, black (and I think ground is always black).

Pics of the Power Point, and a view of the area.

Hope this helps! Oh, and the Power Point socket part number is 15K040

Cheers!

<crum!> Luddite, can't upload pics. Sorry!
Another Yank

Return to Transit Connect