*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Focus to connect engine

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Focus to connect engine

Postby Wayneash12 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 6:55 pm

Hi I'm new to this I have 2007 tdci 75bhp connect and I've just blow the engine up I've been offed a 2002 focus engine with ever think on it pump turbo etc and ecu can I use this engine in my van or do I need to change the whole of the wiring loom as I've read only the KKDA focus engines fit if some can help as I'm Confused now
Wayneash12
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Focus to connect engine

Postby paul2012 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:39 pm

Welcome to the forum :D

It's easier to fit a Focus mk2 engine (KKDA) - direct fitment without having to change wiring looms, instrument cluster & PCM (ECU)

See here for compatible engines :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=139282
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Wayneash12 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:51 pm

Cheers mate just looking round for a KKDA engine now a lot of people want silly money for them :cry: thank you for your help
Wayneash12
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Wayneash12 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:28 pm

Don't know if any one can help I've brought a KKDA engine 115bhp from a 2008 focus
I've brought a ecu key and transponder that all match but not from the same car as engine I know I need to get injectors coded but someone's told me I have to have the clocks coded as well is this truth :-)
Wayneash12
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Wayneash12 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:29 pm

It's all going in my 2007 connect van :-)
Wayneash12
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby paul2012 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:20 am

Wayneash12 wrote:Don't know if any one can help I've brought a KKDA engine 115bhp from a 2008 focus
I've brought a ecu key and transponder that all match but not from the same car as engine I know I need to get injectors coded but someone's told me I have to have the clocks coded as well is this truth :-)

Fit your Connects original injectors turbo, inlet manifold, oil cooler & engine wiring loom to Focus KKDA engine.
Engine will bolt straight in & use your original PCM (ECU) & key. No need to program/code injectors, as they are the later Siemens type :idea:

I can perform a calibration update on your original PCM to 90ps (Done this for several members on here already 8)

If planning on fitting the Focus PCM (SIemens). You will require VNT turbo, exhaust manifold Forward section of exhaust (CAT) & modification to engine & engine bay wiring looms for VNT turbo.
As they are all different to 75ps. :!:
Plus Focus 115ps calibration on PCM is incompatible with Connects instrument cluster (PAT's) throws up an error (Part mismatch on IDS) when pairing IC (instrument cluster) with PCM
I had that problem when trying to use a Mondeo mk4 125ps calibration on PCM with my last Project :(
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D

IDS & GM GDS2 services

paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Wayneash12 » Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:10 pm

Cheers Paul I'm fitting the engine next weekend took the old engine out today took ever think of it ready to put on new engine in the week and pop it back in next weekend will get back to you as soon as I've done it as I would like it to run as a 90 bhp cheers for your help :-)
Wayneash12
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Wayneash12 » Thu May 28, 2015 8:58 pm

Hi hope some one can help I've changed the engine on my connect van and it will not start I've used my old injectors and every think else only thing I have not used of my old engine is the fuel pump as the engine I brought had it on and it has only done 31000 so I left it on took it to a auto electrician the other day and I've got no fault codes engines turning over but will not fire I've hand pumped fuel thought till there no air in the fuel
van will run for a Second if I give it a squirt of easy start has anyone got any ideas as my stuck now :( it's like it's got no fuel comeing thought
Wayneash12
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby liteace » Thu May 28, 2015 9:33 pm

For sure its a fueling problem if it runs for a sec on easy start BUT some sensors on the engine are there to instruct the PCM when to fire the injectors so it could be a sensor problem, it could be a fuel pressure problem, saying that if it was any of the above it should have been picked up when it was plugged in, depending on what scanner he used

Double check there's no air in the system and make sure the fuel is not running back to the tank and the filter is full
Last edited by liteace on Thu May 28, 2015 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Please don't send me PM's, i can't access them, when I try I get this:

You are not authorised to send private messages
liteace
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby paul2012 » Thu May 28, 2015 9:35 pm

Check to see if diesel filter is full
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D

IDS & GM GDS2 services

paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Altransit » Thu May 28, 2015 9:54 pm

:idea: Is the crank sensor connected or fitted correctly :?:
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby Wayneash12 » Thu May 28, 2015 10:07 pm

Auto electrician said it had no codes wats so ever told me starter motor was sh*t so I got a new one the other day
Hand pumped two cans of Diesel out of it before I got all the air out of fuel System ( crankshaft sensor I have not checked as it was all ready on engine will try that tomorrow you have to have the engine set at tdc when doing crankshaft sensor don't you
Wayneash12
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby liteace » Thu May 28, 2015 10:15 pm

Wayneash12 wrote:Auto electrician said it had no codes wats so ever told me starter motor was sh*t so I got a new one the other day
Hand pumped two cans of Diesel out of it before I got all the air out of fuel System ( crankshaft sensor I have not checked as it was all ready on engine will try that tomorrow you have to have the engine set at tdc when doing crankshaft sensor don't you

You should not be pumping diesel OUT the hand pump going inline and pumps the diesel through the system, if there's no diesel in the pump it wont drag diesel from the filter, the pump cant pump air

Engine does not need to be set at TDC when when checking crank sensor, its in the back of the block at flywheel end just make sure it not damaged and plugged in, as said any problem with any sensors should have show up on diag machine

liteace
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Wayneash12 » Thu May 28, 2015 10:51 pm

I bleed the fuel the way the Haynes manual said
how would you do it :-) any help would b much appreciated as I'm new to Diesel engines cheers Wayne
Wayneash12
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby liteace » Fri May 29, 2015 12:35 am

Disconnect the IN on filter (fuel feed from tank to filter) connect one end of priming pump to the fuel feed (IN) hose, connect the other end to the filter

pump away until you can feel it sucking up the fuel, your feel resistance in the bulb, pump a bit more, start engine leave engine running for 30 secs, switch off

The priming pump should have a non return valve in, remove from filter 1st then from fuel hose then very quickly connect fuel feed hose back on filter and start engine leave engine running for a couple of mins, if there's no air leaks then no fuel will run back to tank and it should start on the button every time

Make sure the priming pump is fitted the correct way (arrow pointing towards filter) and make sure your quick connecting the feed hose back up

liteace
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Next

Return to Transit Connect