*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Disabling Alarm for Ferry

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Disabling Alarm for Ferry

Postby nomadbackwards » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:06 am

Hi Gang,

Cross channel ferries ask you to disable the alarm during the crossing. This is my first trip since getting my 2014 Tourneo Connect but I'm not 100% sure how to do it. I wondered if anyone has done it on their new shape Transit or Tourneo Connect? The manual says you can disable it by going into the settings menu during that ignition cycle to disable the interior sensors, but not sure if that will also stop any rock detection (if the car has it?). Does anyone have any experience of doing this who can advise what to do, or if the above is sufficient?

Many thanks in advance.
2014 Tourneo Connect
nomadbackwards
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Disabling Alarm for Ferry

Postby liteace » Tue Apr 21, 2015 9:25 am

What alarm is fitted, ive just found this on the Fork UK site:

Two high-level alarm options:

An optional perimeter alarm protects your vehicle by sounding if the doors or bonnet are opened by force. For even more protection (and deterrence) choose a Thatcham Category 1 alarm system. This sophisticated system automatically arms itself when you lock the vehicle and sounds a powerful alarm if triggered by forced entry, the vehicle being lifted, or if the motion sensors pick up any movement inside, or if the vehicle is lifted from outside.

If its got the second option, it'll have tilt sensor\s, if not I wouldnt worry about it as the interior sensors wont trigger the alarm on a ferry
Please don't send me PM's, i can't access them, when I try I get this:

You are not authorised to send private messages
liteace
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Disabling Alarm for Ferry

Postby nomadbackwards » Tue Apr 21, 2015 10:52 am

I'm not actually sure which it is. It has interior sensors in the roof but no mention of the alarm on Etis. Which makes me think maybe the interior sensor plastic in the roof is just standard trim and there aren't actually any sensors behind them :? When locked you get an orange light on dash by the lock button under the hazards, but no red flashing light or anything. Which also suggests to me there is no alarm?
2014 Tourneo Connect
nomadbackwards
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect