*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

tdci fuel filter

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

tdci fuel filter

Postby cambium » Sun May 17, 2015 7:39 pm

Ok guys which pipe is which and which do i fill it through ............?............laugh at leisure but gotta start somewhere :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cambium
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: tdci fuel filter

Postby liteace » Sun May 17, 2015 7:50 pm

Smaller pipe is return, the arrow pointing in towards the pipe is the IN,

the arrow pointing out, away from the pipe is the out, fill the IN

I would throw that in the bin and go get a bosch or delphi filter, tdci's dont like cheap filters, for the extra 15 quid for a quality filter you could be saving £££££££ later
Please don't send me PM's, i can't access them, when I try I get this:

You are not authorised to send private messages
liteace
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby cambium » Sun May 17, 2015 9:40 pm

liteace wrote:Smaller pipe is return, the arrow pointing in towards the pipe is the IN,

I would throw that in the bin and go get a bosch or delphi filter, tdci's dont like cheap filters, for the extra 15 quid for a quality filter you could be saving £££££££ later

cheers for that as i assumed but pays to check and will follow your advice and change filter tomorrow
cambium
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby cambium » Mon May 18, 2015 2:38 pm

liteace wrote:Smaller pipe is return, the arrow pointing in towards the pipe is the IN,

place i got filter in pics from dont do bosch or delphi only this make........should i buy and use or go somewhere and get bosch or delphi as dont know if this one is as bad as previous one
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cambium
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby tez » Mon May 18, 2015 5:21 pm

tez
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Boghopper » Tue May 19, 2015 4:57 pm

What I would like to ask is, what is the best method of getting diesel in that filter without getting it all over my hands the the floor?
Boghopper
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby blue estate » Tue May 19, 2015 5:01 pm

Boghopper wrote:What I would like to ask is, what is the best method of getting diesel in that filter without getting it all over my hands the the floor?

Go to your local pound shop go in to kitchen section and they do small funnels try them
72plt MG 5 ev estate Battery car
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby mattratty » Fri May 22, 2015 2:01 am

Best bet is to throw the fujitoyo filter back at the parts guy , they are truly shite

As for filling , a syringe and bit if tube works well , leave the pipes off and keep syringing it in until its to the top , the kids medicine syringes are a bit small but do fit into the union snuggly , a good amount of kitchen roll around the top will soak up any spills
mattratty
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby cambium » Sat May 23, 2015 10:20 am

mattratty wrote:Best bet is to throw the fujitoyo filter back at the parts guy , they are truly shite

As for filling , a syringe and bit if tube works well , leave the pipes off and keep syringing it in until its to the top , the kids medicine syringes are a bit small but do fit into the union snuggly , a good amount of kitchen roll around the top will soak up any spills

is the second filter in pic above any better ? and if i get an airlock after changing whats the best way to cure it ?
cambium
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby tez » Mon May 25, 2015 12:34 am

don't be like a duck's arse in water tight buy a gengine one mk's sence :D :D
tez
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Jcbdriver » Tue May 26, 2015 10:03 pm

Agreed, i use only genuine filters on my connect, firstly because i get a good discount from my ford dealer and secondly i like the piece of mind its been serviced with genuine parts.
Jcbdriver

Postby Boghopper » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:01 am

A funnel or syringe that makes sense. I have got one of those in-line hand pumps and am going to change my filter in a minute. So, if you use the hand pump method do you still have to fill the new filter with diesel, or prime it with the pump? The pump as I understand fits between the inlet pipe and the inlet on the filter so this would fill the new filter for me wouldn't it?
Boghopper
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby liteace » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:14 am

If you have the pump then no you dont have to fill the filter with diesel, just pump it through and your done
Please don't send me PM's, i can't access them, when I try I get this:

You are not authorised to send private messages
liteace
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby nardi » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:05 am

liteace wrote:If you have the pump then no you dont have to fill the filter with diesel, just pump it through and your done

Do you have any recommendation on what hand pump would fit straight into ford fuel lines please?
nardi
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Boghopper » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:52 pm

I bought one of these:Draper Expert 43986 I haven't used it yet, but it was advice from this forum that suggested it.
Boghopper
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Next

Return to Transit Connect