*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Tourneo Connect Police Van Wiring??

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Tourneo Connect Police Van Wiring??

Postby camber » Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:41 pm

hi - i bought (provisionally) a 2006 tourneo for my grandson - he has 3 dogs & they are wrecking his car.

it's an ex police vehicle with a caged area in the back with air conditioning.

the police lights, radio, sat tracking & cameras etc have been removed.

we were supposed to get it 2 weeks ago but the guy selling it (he's in the trade & i know him very well from our common interest in dogs) says it failed mot because it had no fog light.

to honest i'm beginning to get worried that the wiring might be messed up & even if everything eventually "appears to work", in the future, problems may ensue.

therefore can anyone please tell me if the tourneo (2006) has a Can bus wiring system & offer any other advice regarding?

cheers.
camber
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Tourneo Connect Police Van Wiring??

Postby MinorMatt » Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:45 pm

I don't think it has canbus

Given it was a dog van (?) I wouldn't have thought there would be much extra wiring, and what there is - most was probably factory fitted by Ford.
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics

Lucas Laser 2000 & IDS

95 M Prototype/Mule DRW 100PS Highcube
93 L GL Minibus
96 P 150 TD 100PS LWB Hi-Top

Gaffa tape is like the force, it has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together
MinorMatt
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby camber » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:26 pm

MinorMatt wrote:I don't think it has canbus

Given it was a dog van (?) I wouldn't have thought there would be much extra wiring, and what there is - most was probably factory fitted by Ford.

thanks for your reply - no it isn't a dog van - the "jail" has two small metal seats one either side & 3 passenger seats in front of it.

when i first saw the tourneo there was a large cluster of cut wires (not connectors) exposed on the main loom (running front to back) around the middle where the passenger seats are - the guy said it could be easily sorted but if it's canbus there might be problems cnsidering what was removed(??)
camber
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby ake » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:42 am

camber wrote:
MinorMatt wrote:I don't think it has canbus

thanks for your reply - no it isn't a dog van - the "jail" has two small metal seats one either side & 3 passenger seats in front of it.

when i first saw the tourneo there was a large cluster of cut wires (not connectors) exposed on the main loom (running front to back) around the middle where the passenger seats are - the guy said it could be easily sorted but if it's canbus there might be problems cnsidering what was removed(??)

It won't be can bus, it'll be for the blue lights etc. trace the wiring back to source and sort it out.
It will be a sub loom that runs beside the main loom
Ford Transit Custom 280S Trend 105ps
Does this train stop on Merseyside?
ake
Site Moderator

Postby mattratty » Sat Aug 15, 2015 6:23 pm

talking from experience with redoing ex police car wiring , they are butchers when it comes to removing the police equipment , but thankfully they only really touch 2 parts of the original loom so sorting is fairly straight forward , the radio loom is often hacked and usually ended up on a permanent live (just needs wires switching back around) and sometimes the ignition live is tapped into to enable a switch to be pressed and keep the ignition on and engine running without the keys (shuts down if handbrake is released , pedal pressed etc) , when the keyless running unit is removed they often just snip the wire and leave it bare so causes havoc if it shorts out

basically , you can easily trace the extra wiring looms that have been cut off and remove them if they bother you , and double check the radio and ignotion wires are correct and bare ends taped up
mattratty
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby avgenisis » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:16 am

Hi,

I don't know if i can help, have an ex police 2005/6 tourneo connect. Just removed all the wiring, this is how it shaped up in mine, note i removed the cell and converted back to standard rear trim.

All wiring was separate looms so safe to remove.

There should be a conversion sticker on the door pillar saying who did it, but here is an over view of mine.

starting at the front you will have a mini loom that connects to the main light units, attaching to the sidelight feeds on each side, this runs into a sub loom that goes through the passenger firewall, and comes out behind the fuse box crossing to the gear selector tunnel cover. (blues and 2s control box)

there is an maxi fuse box that feeds all the extra kit including the roof fan, (four live feeds + earths) this goes through the firewall in the same place) 2 lives and earths heat up the pillar and into the roof space, feeding the roof fan, and light in the cell, also a single cable to the gear box tunnel to switch fan on and off.

there is a sub loom that runs from the back light clusters and up into the roof terminating under the holes where the roof bar is bolted down. (brake lights and indicator feed to light bar.)

The other 2 feeds from the maxi fuse box under the bonnet feed - 1, the roof light control unit / light bar and - 2. internal extra radio kit.

i removed all wiring except he 4 live earth feeds from the extra fuse box, re-routing to feed an extra cigarette light socket, the roof fan (via relocated switch) and have kept the other 2 for future expansion.

the side lights needed reconnecting to the cut wires on the original ford loom to restore their operation (should have been done during decommissioning)

the rear light sub loom was just clipped on, so removed that straight out. (no cell so dropped roof trim)

If you have kept the cell then, really the only thing to worry about is the front an rear sub looms that fed the light bar, there may be a short or loose connection, hence possible reason your rear fogs not working (due to extra wiring behind cluster), its tight but you can drop the headlining with the cell left in, just don't bend it to far as it will crease / snap, and fed the rear loom back, if it wont budge (mine had tape and a cable tye every 20cm on the mini trunking),you will prob best to take both rear light clusters out and trim the cables back and cable tye them up in the body out of the way. (pop the circular vents out half way up the pillars for easy access).

I had nothing connected to the ignition switch etc.

PM me if you need any further details. Hope this helps somewhat.

A
avgenisis
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect