*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

How much pressure are leak back pipes under?

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

How much pressure are leak back pipes under?

Postby highroof » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:50 pm

I changed the o-ring on No1 cylinder a few months ago.......I didn't have a new clip, so used the old one, and cable tied all of the leak back pipes on to the injectors as a precaution. This morning I could smell diesel, pulled over, and had a look, to find that the same one I'd had the problem with had managed to snap the cable tie, and and was spilling deisel all over the engine. How much pressure can there be in these things?
highroof
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: How much pressure are leak back pipes under?

Postby nokivasara » Fri Aug 28, 2015 9:53 pm

I don't think there should be any pressure there, maybe it's getting past the injector nozzle somehow?

At least on older mechanical injectors the left over diesel just weeps out of the leak back pipes. A common rail operates as such insane injection pressure that i can't say for sure that there isn't any pressure in the leak back pipes but my gut feeling ( :roll: ) tells me that there should be none.
Transit Connect TDCI 110
nokivasara
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: How much pressure are leak back pipes under?

Postby highroof » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:22 pm

nokivasara wrote:I don't think there should be any pressure there, maybe it's getting past the injector nozzle somehow?

At least on older mechanical injectors the left over diesel just weeps out of the leak back pipes. A common rail operates as such insane injection pressure that i can't say for sure that there isn't any pressure in the leak back pipes but my gut feeling ( :roll: ) tells me that there should be none.

Yeah, me too, which is why I'm puzzled.
highroof
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Connect