*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Connect DPF removal

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Connect DPF removal

Postby Davey_91 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 7:50 pm

Hi all,

I'm new to the Forum, having recently purchased a 2013 connect (110 T200 LTD) and deciding to sell my 09 Sport, I wish to remove the DPF filter as, I'm sure most of you know, it makes the van horrible to drive, well compared to my sport its totally gutless and it is absolutely useless when its cold!! and since I poodle around town all day long it doesn't get the longest of runs to clear it out.

My Question is, is it going to be as simple as getting an exhaust fabricator to chop it out for me, and have the van 're-mapped' or the DPF parameters deleted in order to not have any problems further down the line? OR is there a better procedure to follow in order to have it removed?

Not worried about the issue of it not being there for the MOT side of things.

Have any of you done this and if anyone could give me some advice that would be great :)

Thank you in advanced,

David
ps I did try a search but it didn't bring much up :(
Davey_91

Re: Connect DPF removal

Postby g-man » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:00 pm

welcome m8y :) ......thats what i'd do....carefull with the mapper tho'.....u want a proper one not generic crap.......vantuners the man on here :wink:
g-man
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby paul2012 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:18 pm

Davey_91 wrote:Hi all,

I'm new to the Forum, having recently purchased a 2013 connect (110 T200 LTD) and deciding to sell my 09 Sport, I wish to remove the DPF filter as, I'm sure most of you know, it makes the van horrible to drive, well compared to my sport its totally gutless and it is absolutely useless when its cold!! and since I poodle around town all day long it doesn't get the longest of runs to clear it out.

My Question is, is it going to be as simple as getting an exhaust fabricator to chop it out for me, and have the van 're-mapped' or the DPF parameters deleted in order to not have any problems further down the line? OR is there a better procedure to follow in order to have it removed?

Not worried about the issue of it not being there for the MOT side of things.

Have any of you done this and if anyone could give me some advice that would be great :)

Thank you in advanced,

David
ps I did try a search but it didn't bring much up :(

Welcome to the forum :D

It now illegal to removal DPF (Diesel Particualte Filter)

From February 2014 MOT test will include a check for the presence of a DPF. A missing DPF, where one
was fitted as standard when the vehicle was built, will result in an MOT failure. :!:

It is an offence under the Road vehicles (Construction and Use) Regulations
(Regulation 61a(3))1 to use a vehicle which has been modified in such a way that it
no longer complies with the air pollutant emissions standards it was designed to
meet. Removal of a DPF will almost invariably contravene these requirements,
making the vehicle illegal for road use.
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Davey_91 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:10 pm

g-man wrote:welcome m8y :) ......thats what i'd do....carefull with the mapper tho'.....u want a proper one not generic crap.......vantuners the man on here :wink:

Ah brilliant, is van tuner still an active member? how can I find him and I take it he's got a good reputation because I think ive seen that name pop up on a few google searches saying good things lol :-)

Thanks again :)
Davey_91

Postby g-man » Wed Sep 16, 2015 11:13 pm

g-man
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby semtex65 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:09 pm

As Paul2012 rightly points out, removal of a DPF is illegal/MOT failure. The most common way around this is to gut the DPF and weld in a straight through pipe. Best to do this on the top side of the DPF so evidence of cutting it open/welding up is hidden come MOT time.... Hypothetically speaking of course :oops:

Then re-map.
semtex65
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby g-man » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:34 pm

and know your mot man :wink: ........remember we're here for a good time not a long time :P
g-man
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby tez » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:47 am

g-man wrote:and know your mot man :wink: ........remember we're here for a good time not a long time :P

http://vantuner.co.uk/
tez
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Return to Transit Connect