*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2003 Connect intermittent wiper on?

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

2003 Connect intermittent wiper on?

Postby T i m » Mon Nov 16, 2015 11:28 am

Hi All,

After many years of wanting a Transit in the family we now have one via daughters 2003, 100k miles, hight top, lwb 1.8TDCi Connect. ;-)

It seems to run ok, came with a years MOT (FWIW) and has a few bits to tidy up (it's a 12 year old van after all).

However, she's gone out in it today (second time it's been used) and rang to say the intermittent wipers are on all the time (and I have experienced the same when working on it myself (removing racking etc)). The PO just confirmed it has happened to him as well but he didn't bother to look into it? ;-(

The wiper control works fine otherwise (fast / slow / intermittent) but what I believe should be the off position, isn't?

Anyway, I've just ordered a new wiper stalk so we can isolate that but after some more Googling I'm concerened it may be something more complicated -> expensive? ;-(

Now, I don't think this age model has altomatic rain sensing (does it?) so I (we) would be interested to get any advice, thoughts or suggestions re any tests we can do to try to pin the fault down please?

All the best and thanks for your time in any case.

Cheers, T i m

p.s. Would this age vehicle have a useful OBD interface and is there a 'value' OBD tool that might be of use please?
T i m
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: 2003 Connect intermittent wiper on?

Postby T i m » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:35 pm

Hi All,

Just a follow up. The new wiper switch arrived this morning, I fitted it just now and it seems to work fine. Daughter tells me the intermittent wipe was on on every use of the van yesterday (not too bad as it was also raining intermittently <g>) so though it seems ok now, only time will tell if it really was the problem. ;-)

Cheers, T i m
T i m
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect