*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2015 Connect Software Issues

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

2015 Connect Software Issues

Postby Kevin Atkins » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:38 pm

Have any owners of the latest shape Connect had issues with warning lights for servicing, EML, and Service Engine Now displays. My SWB 95PS is in for the first service on Thursday and the guy said they will re-flash the software, reading things elsewhere on the web it appears this a common fault on Transits of this age and other Fords

Thanks

Kev
Kevin Atkins
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: 2015 Connect Software Issues

Postby swishvan » Sun Dec 13, 2015 8:19 pm

never had a bit of bother with mine (march 1st 2014) and 27,000 miles on
swishvan
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Postman Pat » Tue Dec 15, 2015 3:40 am

Not the dash as such but the SYNC voice control has packed-in on mine and the centre display won't return to audio display when a phone call ends... or show the details of the next call.

I hear that disconnecting the vehicle battery (sounds like a Microsoft fix :roll: ) often fixes SYNC faults on Ford cars, anyone know if the same applies to the Connect and if so, does it need the radio code re-entering?

If I go to the 'update' menu it says 'Update Required' but I don't know if that's age-related/ a coincidence/ something to do with it. I can't see any info on Ford UKs site to where one might download an upgrade (unlike the US site where it's freely available).

Any ideas welcome...

Ian
Connect-ed since 2003... now in a 2014 T240 115PS Ltd.
Postman Pat
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Postman Pat » Mon Jan 04, 2016 6:31 pm

I know, I know... quoting myself is bad form... ;o)
Anyway I fettled the SYNC issue: looked in the owner's manual and it shows a 7.5A fuse specially for the SYNC system. Grovelled under the nearside dash, pulled the fuse, counted to 10, put it back in and hey presto, all working again - and didn't affect the audio system.
Curiously, that fuse (F67) was the only one in the entire fusebox that was in upside down, so I assume someone had had to fanny about with it before I got the van.

Postman Pat wrote:Not the dash as such but the SYNC voice control has packed-in on mine and the centre display won't return to audio display when a phone call ends... or show the details of the next call.

I hear that disconnecting the vehicle battery (sounds like a Microsoft fix :roll: ) often fixes SYNC faults on Ford cars, anyone know if the same applies to the Connect and if so, does it need the radio code re-entering?

If I go to the 'update' menu it says 'Update Required' but I don't know if that's age-related/ a coincidence/ something to do with it. I can't see any info on Ford UKs site to where one might download an upgrade (unlike the US site where it's freely available).

Any ideas welcome...

Ian
Connect-ed since 2003... now in a 2014 T240 115PS Ltd.
Postman Pat
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Jvic28 » Thu Jan 07, 2016 12:00 am

If your van was in for it's first service could that not be why your service now light was on? Or am I missing something?
Warranty/Service Department Administrator - Ford Main Dealer
Expert in nothing but here to help if I can
Jvic28
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Kevin Atkins » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:41 pm

It was coming on from 7k which is a long way from the 20k service point, I have now had the 20k service done and still get this light nearly every day. Ford say that they do not know why it happens and reflashing the software does not help.
Guess it is an issue that may get sorted when they release another shape/model :( never get things quickly sorted it seems.
Kevin Atkins
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Altransit » Thu Mar 16, 2017 4:52 pm

Postman Pat wrote: Anyway I fettled the SYNC issue: looked in the owner's manual and it shows a 7.5A fuse specially for the SYNC system. Grovelled under the nearside dash, pulled the fuse, counted to 10, put it back in and hey presto, all working again - and didn't affect the audio system.
Curiously, that fuse (F67) was the only one in the entire fusebox that was in upside down, so I assume someone had had to fanny about with it before I got the van.

What a great post 8) 8) 8)

My son just had the same problem with the sync on his Connect, so with this as a guide, went straight to the fuse box, and and sorted the problem :D :D

The glove box is a bit of a challenge to pull down though, the sides are easy enough to squeeze together to get it past the stop pads, but is there a trick to it, or do you really have to squeeze the back section together to get it past the stop piece on the top left. It feels like you're going to break something :shock: :P
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Return to Transit Connect