*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit connect running issues misfire

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Transit connect running issues misfire

Postby kaibart » Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:07 am

Hi all I have a Transit connect t230 lbw high roof 1.8litre 90bhp 2012 trend model van which I have had trouble with a misfire, I've had 4 new injectors a new egr valve fitted 3 new fuel filters the dif filter changed, but I've learnt to live with the misfire as the main dealer cannot fix the problem. Recently though I've had smoke bellowing from under the engine after I've been out in the van for about an hour stopping here and there in the hour, booked in to the main dealer they found nothing wrong drove again for about an hour and started smoking again but this time the engine management light came on saying check owners manual diesel filter overload what could cause this and would it be retaliated to a misfire I've complained about for 3 years,and is something causing the filter overload (I.e) water in the fuel. Any suggestions would be great cheers kai
kaibart
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Transit connect running issues misfire

Postby mrtn » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:53 pm

Smoke from under the engine may be caused by aux heater misbehaving. I know mine does. It's like forest fire.
1.6 Ecoboost A/T LWB '16
mrtn
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby kaibart » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:21 am

My connect has only done just over 30,000 miles aswell
kaibart
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby kaibart » Thu Feb 04, 2016 9:58 pm

Collected my van from garage today they found the fuel vaporizer faulty and that could be the problem that I've been complaining about for 3 years will post a update if it cures the problem
kaibart
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby sav101 » Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:05 pm

I know this post is some months ago now but did it cure the problem. Ive got a 2012 trend t200 90bhp, Ive had it since April and ive got a similar misfire. Mines an intermittet misfire, some days worse than others and then other days its fine, sometimes short runs, other times long. No error codes are stored and its doing my head in. Ive replaced the Egr, fuel filter, injectors i was even told it could be a defective exhaust so it had a complete new one. Ive not had the smoke bellowing out yet(probably next) Its cost me a fortune and its still not right. Im hoping someone else may of had the problem and theyve fixed it. :(
sav101
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect