*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Installing rcl in connect

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Installing rcl in connect

Postby trixyben » Tue May 17, 2016 12:00 pm

I dont have rcl in my connect which is fairly annoying but if i stick the module from a mk1 focus into the connect and programme a key fob using the on off procedure would this work? I know i would have 2 keys but that isnt a problem as this manually having to lock and open doors is a pain the ass, cheers
trixyben
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Installing rcl in connect

Postby Altransit » Tue May 17, 2016 12:11 pm

You need to replace the C/L module with one that has 'CL DL RC' and then it should work with a standard two or three button remote (after programming).

Paul2012 has a thread with details somewhere on here if you have a search round 8)
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby trixyben » Tue May 17, 2016 12:18 pm

Altransit wrote:You need to replace the C/L module with one that has 'CL DL RC' and then it should work with a standard two or three button remote (after programming).

Paul2012 has a thread with details somewhere on here if you have a search round 8)

Yeah the focus one has cl dl rc on it and i have a spare key fob so i was thinking just switch them, programme key to van and boom i got cl at last!

Ill have a scan for the thread you suggested cheers
trixyben
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Altransit » Tue May 17, 2016 12:30 pm

You don't need to use the Focus key, you just need a fob, or fit your key blade into the Focus remote fob, and swap the immobiliser chips :idea:
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby trixyben » Tue May 17, 2016 1:00 pm

Altransit wrote:You don't need to use the Focus key, you just need a fob, or fit your key blade into the Focus remote fob, and swap the immobiliser chips :idea:

The key i have for the connect is just a basic key no bottons on it or anything, can ya buy like a key fob were this key will fit into it? that would be real handy if i could tbh

I was going to use a spare 3 button fob key from an old focus i had but if i can get this new fob and stick old key in it with the chip happy days!
trixyben
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby mattratty » Tue May 17, 2016 3:45 pm

you can get either :

a new blade cut to fit your focus 3 button key (swap the immobilizer chip) ,

get a transit connect fob (separate from the key)

get a new Ford tibbe flip key or even modify a jaguar key

they all program into RCL module easily
mattratty
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby trixyben » Sat May 21, 2016 5:09 pm

Ok so switching the modules hasnt gone to plan...I couldn't get the focus one to work at all so just out the old one back in and it is not working at all...the fuse 63 I think the one at rear if fuse box is ok...I have no power to locks at all now which is a prob as the rear door lock is broke and I can't now lock the rear doors unless it can be done from the inside someway?

Is there anyother fuse associated with the locks as I don't seem to be getting power at all..the focus module works fine as I reinstalled it and it works no problem
trixyben
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby paul2012 » Sun May 22, 2016 12:18 pm

trixyben wrote:Ok so switching the modules hasnt gone to plan...I couldn't get the focus one to work at all so just out the old one back in and it is not working at all...the fuse 63 I think the one at rear if fuse box is ok...I have no power to locks at all now which is a prob as the rear door lock is broke and I can't now lock the rear doors unless it can be done from the inside someway?

Is there anyother fuse associated with the locks as I don't seem to be getting power at all..the focus module works fine as I reinstalled it and it works no problem

Central locking module has to be from a 2003-2009 Connect. One from Focus mk1 won't work :!:
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby trixyben » Mon May 23, 2016 9:16 am

paul2012 wrote:
trixyben wrote:Ok so switching the modules hasnt gone to plan...I couldn't get the focus one to work at all so just out the old one back in and it is not working at all...the fuse 63 I think the one at rear if fuse box is ok...I have no power to locks at all now which is a prob as the rear door lock is broke and I can't now lock the rear doors unless it can be done from the inside someway?

Central locking module has to be from a 2003-2009 Connect. One from Focus mk1 won't work :!:

Ah ok so that explains it then cheers

But why not when I pug the old module back in and with the fuse 63 ok why does the CL not work as it did before?
trixyben
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby trixyben » Mon May 23, 2016 2:17 pm

Also add that the interior light and the radio has stopped working since putting back in the old module so clearly I've tripped something else but what? I've checked all the fuses behind glove box and they fine including the fuse on the back for the CL...any help here lads would be great tks
trixyben
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect