*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Yes....Another limp mode problem

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Yes....Another limp mode problem

Postby brianj42 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:12 pm

Guys

I am sure you have seen many limp mode problems, and I do appreciate it could be a whole host of reasons, but before I take the thing to a mechanic so he can tell me it could be anything I am hoping a detailed description of the issue may prompt some ideas.

Connect Tourneo 1.8tdci.

Goes into limp mode mainly when I put the foot down and climbing a hill.

Usually only when fully loaded (the car not me)

Recently going from limp mode switching to 30mph to limp mode and engine going off completely.

Any thoughts would be appreciated.
brianj42
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Yes....Another limp mode problem

Postby liteace » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:37 pm

Get a code read 1st then a leak off test done
Please don't send me PM's, i can't access them, when I try I get this:

You are not authorised to send private messages
liteace
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby brianj42 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:49 pm

Update:

Mechanic cleared out the codes as there were many to say the least. Then straight after another limp session he read two codes. One on airflow and the other on the throttle sensor.

Full service, new fuel filter (first in 3 years), and a new air pipe from the filter box which was held together with duct tape, and a long test run with no sign of trouble.

He did say get a new throttle pedal should it go into limp mode again, which I will change anyway as soon as I can find a cheap one.

Cheers

B
brianj42
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby blue estate » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:52 pm

Turbo over/under boost :wink: doesn't throw up eml straight away but multiple codes do
72plt MG 5 ev estate Battery car
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby brianj42 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:45 am

blue estate wrote:Turbo over/under boost :wink: doesn't throw up eml straight away but multiple codes do

Cheers for this. Fix or replace ? I see recon ones are not expensive but is it easy to swap out ?

Cheers

B
brianj42
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby lightning » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:28 am

Throttle pedal is a common failure, takes 5 minutes to replace but costs around £100
lightning
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby brianj42 » Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:36 am

Cheers for this. I have found a throttle so ordered it. Limp mode came back yesterday so I do need to do the throttle. :(
brianj42
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby brianj42 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 2:50 pm

Update: And its a good news bad news situation:

After the mechanic changed the air intake and I did the throttle, all seemed ok, apart from one solitary limp mode over 4 days and 300 miles.

But then the thermostat housing blew a leak and it was in yesterday for replacement.

The mechanic replaced and mentioned that in order to get to the thermostat he had to remove all the fuel pipe system. One the way home within a mile ONE limp mode

Today, its in limp mode every 100 metres and theres a smell of diesel under the bonnet. Can't see any loose connections but the car is not driveable.

It is going back tomorrow for him to sort as we feel that something has gone wrong whilst removing the fuel system.

The TWO new codes for the limp mode are P0251 and P1211, which, from what I have read is fuel issues but could be one of a number of things.....But that these new codes should follow the removal of the fuel pipes is the main suspect......

Any thoughts ?
brianj42
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby paul2012 » Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:44 pm

brianj42 wrote:Update: And its a good news bad news situation:

After the mechanic changed the air intake and I did the throttle, all seemed ok, apart from one solitary limp mode over 4 days and 300 miles.

But then the thermostat housing blew a leak and it was in yesterday for replacement.

The mechanic replaced and mentioned that in order to get to the thermostat he had to remove all the fuel pipe system. One the way home within a mile ONE limp mode

Today, its in limp mode every 100 metres and theres a smell of diesel under the bonnet. Can't see any loose connections but the car is not driveable.

It is going back tomorrow for him to sort as we feel that something has gone wrong whilst removing the fuel system.

The TWO new codes for the limp mode are P0251 and P1211, which, from what I have read is fuel issues but could be one of a number of things.....But that these new codes should follow the removal of the fuel pipes is the main suspect......

Any thoughts ?

See thread here :arrow: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=173503 8)
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby brianj42 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:12 pm

All. Leak test shows number 4 injector kaput. Due to financial restraints, namely I am brassic, can I just replace the one ?
brianj42
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby doebag » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:34 pm

Yes, faulty one only is fine.
That's not to say the others may play up sooner or later though.
doebag
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby brianj42 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:40 pm

doebag wrote:Yes, faulty one only is fine.
That's not to say the others may play up sooner or later though.

Cheers doebag
brianj42
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

HELP

Postby brianj42 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 10:00 am

HELP PLEASE GUYS !

We have had this ongoing debacle with limp mode. Accelerator pedal, etc etc eventually replacing two injectors which "sorted" out the limp mode. But today, TWICE, we have no limp mode but just a total lack of power and engine shutdown. The engine switches off whilst driving, dash lights come on, pull over and start again. What could this be just a total shutdown and no limp mode indication ? Any help as this is the charity van for transporting dogs and is fast becoming a liability.....
brianj42
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby brianj42 » Sun Oct 23, 2016 11:27 am

To Add:

No water in the system. When topped up water pissing out of the left hand side and dripping off the left hand side engine....
brianj42
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect