*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit connect clocks / cluster HELP!!!

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Transit connect clocks / cluster HELP!!!

Postby mdale0009 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 12:50 pm

Hi to you all.

Can anyone shed any light on these mk1 2006 connect 1.8 tddi 75hp clocks as mine has just decide to go all limp and die.

I have tried the speed sensor on the box and changed all the fuses in the fuse box and even reset the clocks by unplugging them, checked wiring ect...
The clocks are
visteon
2T1F-10849-DH clocks with the single lcd screen and one black and one white plug on the rear.

So my question is ...

Can the dual screen lCD clocks fit my van with no troubles or do I need to buy the exact same clocks as I already have?? Also do I need to get anything coded with the new clocks ie does the immobiliser or anything run threw the clocks??

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I don't fancy doing a few speed cameras with no clocks

Cheers
mdale0009

Re: Transit connect clocks / cluster HELP!!!

Postby paul2012 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:18 pm

2006 is the changeover year.

If yours is a 75 TDDI. With Ford badge on bonnet (2001-2006). Instrument clusters don't required to be programmed.

Connects from 2006-2013 with Ford badge on front grille. Do required to be programmed.

Instrument cluster here

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/02-06-FORD-TR ... SwtnpXqJxv
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby mdale0009 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:40 pm

Cheer Paul

Just to be a pain the van was modified when I brought it so I have no idea which one it's meant to have to be honest, the bonnet on the van has no badge but I don't know if it Ihas been changed due to someone putting on a bonnet bra to make it look flush. So no bases on bonnet or grill.
I have seen that link for the clocks on flea bay but was not sure if they needed coding. But they look identical to mine. Are the one in the link coded or not? Also My vans done 72k and they have over 120k can anyone help with getting them recalibrated to the correct number?

Can I test them by unplugging them and see if the van starts to see if there coded?

Thanks again Paul your ledge!
mdale0009

Postby paul2012 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 10:40 pm

mdale0009 wrote:Cheer Paul

Just to be a pain the van was modified when I brought it so I have no idea which one it's meant to have to be honest, the bonnet on the van has no badge but I don't know if it Ihas been changed due to someone putting on a bonnet bra to make it look flush. So no bases on bonnet or grill.
I have seen that link for the clocks on flea bay but was not sure if they needed coding. But they look identical to mine. Are the one in the link coded or not? Also My vans done 72k and they have over 120k can anyone help with getting them recalibrated to the correct number?

Can I test them by unplugging them and see if the van starts to see if there coded?

Thanks again Paul your ledge!

Yes you can unplug cluster & still start engine on 2001-2006 connects :wink:
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Karl88van » Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:19 am

My 05 connect has similar issue where by every so often the fuel gauge sits where ever it likes, sometimes right round at 6oclock!,
Also speedo can just stop working for a while.
And since getting van back from garage the temp gauge decides to stop working (bad connection that 1)
Karl88van
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect