*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

LH Rear door lower catch.

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

LH Rear door lower catch.

Postby LANDSEA&AIR » Wed Sep 14, 2016 5:03 pm

Hi new on here first post. Looked through topic list but could not find an answer to this question. 55plate 230l Connect but this is should apply to all MK 1 Connects. Working my way through the van full service relined the interior etc. Came to rear doors and found lower catch on LH door not working when you used the lever on the side. Removed the lock/catch from bottom of door and tried to free it up. I even left in WD 40 overnight still not working. So looked at new one from the usual transit parts suppliers on e-bay. N/A from them but Transit MK6&7 lock and cable is listed at £18.90 and Connect catch/lock and cable are listed with another supplier at £38ish. Both locks looks the same just wanted to know if any one has bought a Transit one and just disconnected the cable and re fitted the Connect cable which I presume is shorter (different door heights) I did ring up and ask the question of them but just desk jockeys "No mate its a different part number etc etcThanks in advance
LANDSEA&AIR

Return to Transit Connect