*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Blanking the tibbe lock on passenger and rear door

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Blanking the tibbe lock on passenger and rear door

Postby UKHowie » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:47 am

Hi
My first post here, but been avidly reading through the Connect specific threads for a few weeks now. Great info!

Anyway, I am very concerned about the tibbe lock frailties which are talked about here on this forum.
I would like to fit a new hykee to the driver door only, as at £90.00 each they are really pricey. As I also have tibbe locks on the passenger door and rear door I would like to know if I can simply remove and blank them? Or cover them over, The armourplate stuff all seems to have keyholes?
I have remote opening and locking and also the folding mesh bulkhead so am not too worried about accessing the loadspace if the remote fails or battery flat etc.

Any other recommendations on security upgrading welcome. I have read up on deadlocks, obd block covers etc. But really would welcome your recommendations or experience on this subject.

I have a 2007 SWB Connect 110. Only had it 2 weeks now and love it!

cheers
Howie
UKHowie

Re: Blanking the tibbe lock on passenger and rear door

Postby liteace » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:09 am

I fitted a hykee to the drivers door on mine, the rear doors, when I got my van was damaged so when they got repaired I got them to weld a plate over the barrel hole on the inside, so the rear doors have been de-locked

On the pass. front door I got a billet of alloy and made as blank, tried to shape it so it matched the hykee on the drivers door:

IMAG0267.jpg

IMAG0269.jpg

IMAG0259.jpg

IMAG0270.jpg

IMAG0281.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by liteace on Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Please don't send me PM's, i can't access them, when I try I get this:

You are not authorised to send private messages
liteace
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby liteace » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:11 am

IMAG0262.jpg

IMAG0075.jpg

IMAG0286_BURST003.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please don't send me PM's, i can't access them, when I try I get this:

You are not authorised to send private messages
liteace
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby UKHowie » Thu Dec 01, 2016 9:51 pm

Thanks for that liteace

A very neat and symmetrical solution.

Guess I need to buy a metal lathe now. Don't think it will be cheaper than a hykee lock though. :(
UKHowie

Postby JumpingJacks » Fri Dec 02, 2016 2:42 pm

I fitted the Hykee lock in he drivers door yesterday and it was an easy install. I do wish there was a better and larger retaining clip as I was supprised the transit connect locks are held in by a fairly small retaining clip. I'ld like to see a lock company make one as I'm sure there would be a demand for it. Even though any lock is breakable and pickable I sleep better at night knowing some cheep skate with a key of eBay won't be using it on my lock.
Transit Connect 2010 TDCI SWB T200 75
50,000 miles
EGR Blank and Delete
K&N Pannel filter
VanTuner Remap :D
Focus Air Box and Snorkel (awaiting fitting)
JumpingJacks
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect