*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Sluggish pulling away and down on power?

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Sluggish pulling away and down on power?

Postby Neve'o » Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:30 pm

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum and Fords! Just bought a 57 plate 90ps 230 ht lwb connect for work purposes, really liking the van except it seems very sluggish pulling away, I have to get the revs up to 1000rpm and slip the clutch to get it going, once up to 45/50mph+ its drives nice and steady but then seems to lack power going up hills etc. I can feel the turbo boosting and it feels like it wants to shoot off for a split second when the revs are in the right place.

It did have a fault code of C1750 which I believe is 'Accelerator position sensor out of range' what exactly doe this mean?

I've check boost pipes and cleaned a few sensors etc, found a vacuum pipe going to a small plastic cylinder near the air intake split/disconnected so trimmed and refitted the pipe. Also found a corroded wire on the plug which goes to the egr valve (I think!) located next to the fuel filter so have made a temporary repair although I do intend to replace the connector as soon as possible.

Any other thoughts or ideas?

I'm handy with tools and have tinkered with cars since a kid and like a challenge :)
Neve'o

Re: Sluggish pulling away and down on power?

Postby Neve'o » Sat Oct 08, 2016 9:26 pm

So been doing even more googling and would that code suggest a faulty throttle pedal?

Also the sensor with damaged wire is on the inlet but its not the egr as far as I can see, its on the corner of the inlet, left side.. is it possible to get replacement connectors?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Neve'o

Postby liteace » Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:04 am

Neve'o wrote:
Also the sensor with damaged wire is on the inlet but its not the egr as far as I can see, its on the corner of the inlet, left side.. is it possible to get replacement connectors?

Left side as your looking at it or left side of vehicle, uploads some pics !
Please don't send me PM's, i can't access them, when I try I get this:

You are not authorised to send private messages
liteace
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby Neve'o » Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:07 pm

Looking at the engine bay its in the top left corner, here's a photo, its the black plug in the middle, I dare not remove the plug again as its not making a very good connection inside as someone has previously damaged it.

Neve'o

Postby g-man » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:35 pm

thats the throttle valve position sensor
g-man
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby Neve'o » Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:56 pm

Thanks g-man! Sounds very similar to the touble code I had, do you know if the connectors are available to buy or anyone who breaks 1.8tdci's who maybe able to help?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Neve'o

Return to Transit Connect