*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Euro 3 TDCI EGR Removal Tips

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Euro 3 TDCI EGR Removal Tips

Postby connectboy » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:44 am

I've just picked up a connect that's got a bit of a poorly engine, looks like knackered EGR and worn injectors from the faul codes. So my first work was going ot be to blank off the EGR, I've bought a blanking plate but I cant get the bolts on the inlet manifild to budge.

I'm trying to undo them from above (with interocooler hose removed) with a 10mm ring spanner, but access it tight so I cant get much leverage on the bolts to get them moving. Can any body offer me some tips as to the best way of gettign these bolts to move?

Thanks in advance
connectboy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Euro 3 TDCI EGR Removal Tips

Postby connectboy » Thu Oct 20, 2016 1:22 pm

Well I soaked the bolts in penetrating oil, got the engine warm and had a go. One came out OK, the other sheared off and its the one behind the EGR that sheared so I can't get a drill onto it.

Is it a manifold off case now?
connectboy
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby paul2012 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:51 pm

Yes. You'll have to remove exhaust manifold 1st before inlet manifold. :wink:
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby brotheroak » Sun Oct 23, 2016 5:52 pm

Sorry to jump in on the thread, but I'm also looking for a bit of help on getting the inlet manifold off (to give it a thorough clean) - 2007 TDCI connect. I know I have to take the exhaust manifold off first, but is there any guidance as to the best way to go about this whole procedure? Something that tells me where all the bolts are, for example? Is it possible to do it all from the top of the engine, or will I need to get underneath? I know it is going to be an awkward job, but is it an impossible one without lifting the van up? Anything to especially watch out for? Do I need a fresh gasket for either/both of the manifolds, or is there no gasket / reusable ones?

Thanks in advance for any help. I'm keen to try this myself rather than take to a garage as I know the manifold will need a long (maybe overnight) clean - I'm vaguely competent with a spanner, and will be doing it with a mate who is a lot more competent than me, but neither of us mechanics.
brotheroak

Return to Transit Connect