*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Door Locking / Unlocking and Extra Security

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Door Locking / Unlocking and Extra Security

Postby HST Doctor » Sun Nov 20, 2016 10:56 pm

Hoping someone can clarify this for me.

08 230 LWB High Top

When I open the doors with the key fob, the drivers and passenger doors unlock, as well as the rear doors. To open the side door, I have to press the boot/tailgate button on the fob.

Is it possible to change to programming so that the drivers and passenger doors only, open with the main button and the rear doors and side door with the boot/tailgate button.

Also, I suspect the rear door lock is goosed, as the rear doors only lock when 'double' locked, I did buy a new lock but it doesn't fit, as I have the high roof LWB and the rear lock is different. I am on the look out for a high top rear door lock if anyone knows of a supplier at a reasonable price. If anyone has a use for a rear door lock for standard height doors then I'll gladly move my bought in error one on for a reasonable price.

Finally, any advice on whether it's worth the cost and what type of additional security locks to fit, something unobtrusive, not great big hasp and staple types.

Thanks in anticipation
HST Doctor
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Door Locking / Unlocking and Extra Security

Postby Herts » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:06 pm

Fit dead locks on the rear and side door.

Andy
MK7 - 2.4 RWD/HR/LWB 3.5T 140HP (BIG BOYS TOY!)

Number 1 Emergency Call out Engineer!!!

http://www.hertsplumbinganddrainage.co.uk
Herts
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Door Locking / Unlocking and Extra Security

Postby JumpingJacks » Fri Dec 02, 2016 3:26 pm

As above dead locks to side and rear is a must. Also the drivers door lock is vulnerable to thieves using a tibbe lock picking key so would be best to replace that too. Garrison locks to a straight swap anti pick lock called Hykee- plenty on here just have a look in the search box and Have a look on YouTube too.

As for the fob question I'm afraid it's beyond my level of knowlage but I would have been interested in also knowing the answer.
Transit Connect 2010 TDCI SWB T200 75
50,000 miles
EGR Blank and Delete
K&N Pannel filter
VanTuner Remap :D
Focus Air Box and Snorkel (awaiting fitting)
JumpingJacks
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect