*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Oil leak, transit connect, help!!

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Oil leak, transit connect, help!!

Postby Adne.hoiseth » Sat Dec 03, 2016 9:00 pm

Hello, and sorry for my bad english.
Im from Norway.

I have a ford transit connect 1.8 2008. I have change the engine and the timing chain and belt. When i started the engine it had a small oil leak that dripped down to the alternator belt so its oil everywhere. I thought it could be the oil pump cover sealing so i change it today. When i start the engine it have the same problem. I have checked these tings for oil leaks:
- oil filter
- diesel pump sealing
- crank pulley
-camshaft sealings
- oilpump sealing

Ist very hard to see where the oil leak come from, because it som much oil everywere because of the alternator belt.

Does anyone else got this kind of problem with their cars? Plese help i am stuck with this anoying problem....

I will be very grateful for all help.
Adne.hoiseth

Re: Oil leak, transit connect, help!!

Postby gotthard » Sun Dec 04, 2016 9:23 am

Ta en motorvask og ta bort multireima før du starter på nytt, da vil du se ca hvor det kommer i fra, pass på så det ikke kommer på regreima de, glipper den over kan det bli dyrt....

Take an engine wash and remove the multi-belt before starting again, then you will see about where it comes from, taking care not come on timing belt, if it slips over it can be expensive.
gotthard

Return to Transit Connect