*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

vibration

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

vibration

Postby sbt » Mon Feb 06, 2017 7:51 pm

hi all just a quick question . I have a 61 plate swb 110ps with 114000 miles on it owned it 5 months now ever since I first got the van it as had what could only be described as a vibration as if you are in too higher gear for the speed . if I do 30mph in 4th gear it vibrates 40mph in 5th it vibrates the vibration stops at about 48 to 50 mph anyone know what the problem could be if indeed there is one . many thanks in advance
sbt
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: vibration

Postby Boghopper » Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:13 pm

Sounds like the intermediate bearing on the long driveshaft. They hit a certain harmonic frequency, then start singing. Worth checking Gringo, especially with 114000 on the clock.
Boghopper
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby g-man » Fri Feb 10, 2017 8:25 am

the 110 is higher geared........keep in lower gear longer
g-man
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby sbt » Sat Feb 11, 2017 1:14 pm

hi all thanks for the replies . that's interesting that the 110ps is higher geared I thought they were all the same gearbox the van I have is a limited edition so it as a green arrow within the rev counter that tells you when to change up . not that I rely on this but when the arrow illuminates and you change up it vibrates its nuts off hence the reason I think there is a fault . all the vibration is definitely coming from the nearside front also something else I have noticed is the vibration seems a lot less when the van is cold 3 or 4 miles into a journey and it gets progressively worse . I have replaced all engine mounts which made it worse there was nothing wrong with the original mounts so I put them back on
sbt
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect