*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

rear break pads

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

rear break pads

Postby pestguard1 » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:50 pm

Quick question , rear break pads , ( disc breaks ) I replaced rear break calipers on my van TDCI 1.8 , but the holes in the cylinder do not match the pins on the pads , ie pad pins too far apart , so breaks are pushing on the pins , not the pads , any sugestions , can the pins be ground off , or is it new pads also................also the pads that have the spring attached to top of the pad , does this go against the piston , or other side of disc
pestguard1
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: rear break pads

Postby darkbluevanman » Sun Mar 05, 2017 5:01 pm

pestguard1 wrote:Quick question , rear break pads , ( disc breaks ) I replaced rear break calipers on my van TDCI 1.8 , but the holes in the cylinder do not match the pins on the pads , ie pad pins too far apart , so breaks are pushing on the pins , not the pads , any sugestions , can the pins be ground off , or is it new pads also................also the pads that have the spring attached to top of the pad , does this go against the piston , or other side of disc

STOP!..... FFS!... the pins are there for a reason!... are you sure the pins are wrong and not just the piston needs turning to line the pins up???, usually one pin locates in the piston to make the self adj' work...
darkbluevanman
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Return to Transit Connect