*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Connect 1,8tdci - Leak-off test with unexpected results.

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Connect 1,8tdci - Leak-off test with unexpected results.

Postby roboed » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:59 am

Hi Ford-people! I hope someone can help me with this one... (please excuse any shortcomings in my english here, as I am from and live in Norway)

very short summary: 2008 1,8tdci transit connect, 50 000km. Recently bought. Ran fine for a while, but with what felt like a misfires every now and then - just a quick "twitch". Eventually limp mode, codes red out of the engine and injector #2 faulty. Replaced it, and all worked fine for some months, before same symptoms reappeared. "twitching" - limp mode now and then, but got worse and worse.

Now it only runs in limp mode, with the orange engine warning light on. Tried reading out codes (two different OBDII readers) but I do not get any codes out (have not asked a ford dealer tro try though...)
So - as my budget is tight and I like to (try) fixing things myself, I googled - and figured out I would do a leak-off test of my injectors. So I did, and the results was not as expected.

Bottle nr 2 from left is the recently replaced injector. Almost identical leakage to nr 3 and 4. (Engine was running for about 5 min - though only idling in limp mode). I was expecting MORE leakage from the faulty injector(s) - but I don't really believe 2, 3 and 4 are faulty - since nr 2 is brand new. So what is up with nr 1? Can it be the fuel pump? Or can the injector be broken somehow and have alomost no leakage at all?

DSC_0357.JPG

Any advice on where to go next would be greatly appreciated!

Robert
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2008 Transict Connect 1,8tdci
roboed

Re: Connect 1,8tdci - Leak-off test with unexpected results.

Postby alphatune » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:12 pm

no 1 injector is not closing and all the fuel is going into the engine, hence the missfire
alphatune

Re: Connect 1,8tdci - Leak-off test with unexpected results.

Postby karl » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:54 pm

Number 1 is a good injector 2,3,4 are bad ones

With common rail injectors or even mechanical ones they have around 15/20 mls tollerance before being classed as f***

So number one is a good injector :D

No good injectors will return fuel if not any
karl
Tranny Lover!!!

Return to Transit Connect