*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit connect 2004

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Transit connect 2004

Postby Baggins62 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:36 am

Dear All.

I have seen many posts concerning smoking engines on a connect 1.8 diesel,
I hope I am getting to the final part of sorting this out.
I purchased a 2004 fridge van, told it "smokes a bit on start up but soon clears" must have had sucker light on my head as I bought it due to the need to comply and deliver in a fridge van.

So smoking a bit well it never stoped smoking while running, spanner light flashed intermitantly engine cut out but then would restart, by smoking I mean it could be seen from the space station!!!!
work done.
4x new injectors. (now has misfire)
EGR blanked off
timing checked, and fine
crank sensor changed.
Mass sensor replaced
air/gas sensor replaced.
compressor removed and original belt fitted.
Only fault code showing now is to do with Mass sensor I am told because the EGR is blanked off ?

Now we must be getting to the end but she still smokes for 5 minutes still misfires. Cyclinder 2 injector does not have any electrical supply if you remove the injector plug the engine does not change to the injector the other 3x injectors do,
So my question is if I re boot the ECU as described on this forum does anyone think my woes will be over, I dont have the radio code,

Cheers

Steve
Baggins62

Re: Transit connect 2004

Postby liteace » Mon Apr 10, 2017 12:53 pm

Baggins62 wrote:So my question is if I re boot the ECU as described on this forum does anyone think my woes will be over, I dont have the radio code,

Cheers

Steve

Basically no, re booting as you call it will only clear the keep alive memory, unplugging injectors while the engine is running sometimes damages the ecu
Please don't send me PM's, i can't access them, when I try I get this:

You are not authorised to send private messages
liteace
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: Transit connect 2004

Postby Baggins62 » Mon Apr 10, 2017 4:08 pm

Okay, So re booting the ECU wont help.

Any other suggestions as to a course of action in getting power to injector 2 ? I have checked the wire as far as possible until the wiring loom becomes unaccessible and it seems ok.
Baggins62

Return to Transit Connect