*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

transit connect 18 tdci

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

transit connect 18 tdci

Postby craigy2210 » Fri Apr 14, 2017 4:18 am

Hi all Hope everyone is ok...

ive a 2004 transit connect 1,8tdci i bought it new from the dealership,in the years ive had it ive had no engine troubles all its ever needed is wheel bearings track rod ends ball joints and tyres riming belts and its got full serivce history and last year i had it painted focus rs blue and put a set of sparco seats in it and the connect fitment rs alloys

However last week im driving home from scotland to blackpool in it as i work away from home all week,id been on the road for about 3hrs wheen the van just cuts out i get it into the hard shoulder turn the key off then attempt to start it and she started back up instantly of i go,im on the m55 and she does it again this time i get loads of dash lights things id never seen before,i turn the key off ,then attempt to restart in which again she does.
i get home the following morning and since then,whenever i start the van dosnt matter if the engine is cold or hot its everytime i start it the engine and runs as if its missing if it was a petrol engine but only when its idle running as soon as im driving its perfect no missing right upto 80mph its only when i start the van or waiting at lights say, also it hasnt broke since the night it broke down a few times.
I changed the heat plugs yesterday but it was still doing the same thing.

Will it be the fuel regulator. I ONLY ASK because if i crack open the injector on number 1 or the one closest to the cam belt, only enough so a fine jet of diesel is escaping the engine sounds like it used too up until last week ,then when i tighten the nut back up it misses.

Or is it the fuel filter ,fuel pump any help if anyone has experienced this...need to get the confidence back that i once had with the van not ever going to break down,i wouldnt mind im buying another new one in august i just hope this one dosnt need a load of dough spending on it if it does ill put up with the noise and if it breaks down it starts back up straight away....

thanks for anyhelp sorry about the grammer and punctuaton im a shop fitter of 45yrs and live on my phone so ive picked up txt talk no full stops commas or nothing so i appologise
in the morning im changing the fuel filter and also the fuel pressure regualtor on the injector spider,
craigy2210

Return to Transit Connect