*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

voice control

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

voice control

Postby Gary@wwequine.com » Sun Mar 26, 2017 1:40 pm

Hi I have a connect 09 unable to use voice control has Bluetooth can receive phone call I can hear them but they Cannot hear me, I could not find a mic so I bought one from dealer now I cannot find a connection for it, hav.e found Bluetooth unit but cannot figure out where the mic should connect, went to main dealer they could not tell me either. Please can anyone help?

Gary
Gary@wwequine.com

Re: voice control

Postby stewface » Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:22 pm

The mic plugs into back of stereo unit, and my mic is situated at the top of the 'A' post on the drivers side. The 'A' post trim just pulls off to enable you to feed wiring behind it, and the rest of the wiring can be feed under the dash, across to Stereo unit. It's best to remove the stereo unit, but you will need some special tools to remove. If you haven't got any they can be purchased on eBay or the like.
I have a 2011 with Sat Nav and the Mic is very poor, how much did you pay for the mic? If it's not too much I may try a new one on my TC, also.
stewface
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect