*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Mk1 Driver seat positioning help? (Beer belly wanted XD)

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Mk1 Driver seat positioning help? (Beer belly wanted XD)

Postby Turbo50 » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:38 am

Excuse me asking for help without being able to pay you back in any way but I hope your going to make me buy a Transit Connect 2005-2011 :)

Where I live Ford Connect is a strange animal and I can't get my hands on one to figure this out myself without having to pull the trigger for a van I maby can't even drive safely. I know my way around Caddy but Connect looks right for me.

I had a chance to try sit a Ford Connect SWB/LR with the wheel and seat as far as they go, I did not have enuf room :oops: (I'm tall but the legs are fine sitting in it, but my belly :cry:) I'm hoping that the bulkhead is the reason. I had to remove all the back tilt to make the seat go far back enuf on the rails making me sit quite harsh forward and not as you normally sit in a car. I only need 2-5cm more space to sit comfortable with the minimum 2cm being what I need. Maby if the bulkhead is removed I get 1-2cm but I like to have 5cm and why I make this post in the first place. I like to be sure about this! It's kind of stupid having to strip down my clothes to drive my car around safely. Like it's not fun not having your belt on getting out of the car. Nono.

I have not tried a ford focus but I know from reading on outher forums the Connect seat is diffrent from the Ford Focus? Sounds like the Connect can't go further back on the rails or something else but tall people find it better Vs focus still? Is it the stupid bulkhead perhaps designd badly for fat humans? Anyone that know this things and experienced about this stuff and Connects? It looks like a tight dam bulkhead behinde there but the seat was acting like it hit the end of the rails :| As I said I can't get my hands on a Connect and rip out the bulkhead. Nor can I remove the seat on one and look at the rails. What can be done to extend the seat rails if it comes to that? It's strange that the Ford Transit Connect have this belly problem but not the VW Caddy's Mk1,Mk2 or Mk3 :/ Even the Volvo 850 I got that's famous in USA for fat people hating it is fine with a belt extender for me. Only car I ever neede one mind you. Don't be mean and call me fat :mrgreen:

Help is always greatly appreciated!
Turbo50

Return to Transit Connect