*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

engine swop injector calibration?

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

engine swop injector calibration?

Postby philyates68 » Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:21 am

morning everyone.
just wondering if anybody can throw some light on an issue I have.
I have a transit connect 2007 110 bhp engine code rwpa. I have had to replace the engine. I found an engine out of a 2010 connect with low mileage. the engine arrived fully complete. turbo , pump , injectors ect how ever it wasn't a rwpa .
I had to put my turbo & manifold on which was fine as it was only reconed last year. I had to put a new oil cooler as the banjo for the oil feed pipe was smaller on this one ,
I had to change a pully as my one had ac plus a few minor odds & sods.
I kept the new engine with the new pump & injectors .
the engine fired up with no issue as the pump didn't need coding .
I also did replace the cam belt & water pump just to be safe.
the engine sounded really smooth & quiet .
how ever it now sounds slightly tappy on top after only a few miles . the real odd thing is if its left ticking over for a while on the odd occasion the engine has changed its note & gone completely smooth again then back to being a bit tappy even the mechanic was taken aback.
the only thing that went wrong on the install was on the first run up I used the old oil cooler which spewed water into the engine plus we had a bad egr cooler which chucked water into the exhaust so once run up & warm there was lots of white smoke & creamy oil.
we then changed the oil cooler for new & swopped the ejr cooler . we ran the engine up 5 times dropping the oil each time & chanced the sump ect
the engine now starts perfect no water contamination issues.
the only problem I have is that it just doesn't seem to have the power it had with the old engine. mainly mid range. just doesn't pull like it did.
we don't have any fault codes
can anyone say whether the injectors have to be calibrated to suit the 110bhp now needed?
is that top end noise maybe injector problems
why would the engine just quieten off like that on rare occasions?
could the pump timing be slightly out?
or is it probably just a normal diesel knock & I'm a bit paranoid as the real problem is the engine going very quiet for no reason then back to normal?
also could I have damaged it with the water contamination even though the van never ran anywhere but did tick over for long periods maybe injector seals?
any advice would be much appreciated
phil
philyates68
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: engine swop injector calibration?

Postby paul2012 » Sun Apr 30, 2017 2:09 am

If you've had to change turbo & Oil cooler. Sounds like you may have either a 75 or 90ps engine.

75ps & 90ps injectors are the same on Connect engines from 2006-2013

BUT

Connect 110ps injectors are different from above. Also 110ps engines have different pistons. :!:

Transit Connect 2006-2013 (Euro 4) 1.8 TDCI Injectors (Siemens)

110ps injectors are 4M5Q-9F593-AD
75ps & 90ps injectors are 7T1Q-9F593-AD
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: engine swop injector calibration?

Postby philyates68 » Tue May 02, 2017 6:16 pm

that doesn't sound good

so the garage that sold me the engine & assured me that all 18tdci engines from 2006 up are the same is wrong then?

if so anyone have any ideas were I can find credible evidence because I'm about to make a claim against him?

thanks phil
philyates68
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Transit Connect