*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Water leak, help!

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Water leak, help!

Postby craig.hewes » Mon May 01, 2017 1:58 am

Hi
So I have noticed I have been having a pool of water under the van recently and a slow drip coming from somewhere under it, its running down one of the pipes but could be starting from anywhere, also the coolant level drops very quickly after topping up to max level, the drip is a pinky colour the same as the coolant mix I put in, had a mechanic look at it quickly he checked all pipes and hoses and can see no leaks, so the next question is is this the water pump? Can only think of that now ?
Also it idles very lumpy too anything I can do to improve this?
Any advice would be great
Thanks in advance
Craig
craig.hewes

Re: Water leak, help!

Postby knobby1 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:13 am

craig.hewes wrote:Hi
So I have noticed I have been having a pool of water under the van recently and a slow drip coming from somewhere under it, its running down one of the pipes but could be starting from anywhere, also the coolant level drops very quickly after topping up to max level, the drip is a pinky colour the same as the coolant mix I put in, had a mechanic look at it quickly he checked all pipes and hoses and can see no leaks, so the next question is is this the water pump? Can only think of that now ?
Thanks in advance
Craig

Would help greatly if you told us what model Transit you have...??? We have a fair grasp of things but unfortunately we're not mind readers.. :wink:

Mk1 through Mk8..?? Diesel..?? Petrol..?? Engine size..?? FWD or RWD..?? There's just too many variations to list them all..!

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby andz327 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:22 am

knobby1 wrote:
craig.hewes wrote:Hi
Thanks in advance
Craig

Would help greatly if you told us what model Transit you have...??? We have a fair grasp of things but unfortunately we're not mind readers.. :wink:

Mk1 through Mk8..?? Diesel..?? Petrol..?? Engine size..?? FWD or RWD..?? There's just too many variations to list them all..!

Lord Knobrot

Oops somebody got out the wrong side of the bed today milord

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk
andz327
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby knobby1 » Tue May 02, 2017 12:57 am

andz327 wrote:Oops somebody got out the wrong side of the bed today milord

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Not at all champion :wink: :lol: ...he's a 1st timer so we need to be a tad gentle :mrgreen: Sorry if I came on a tad strong, not my intention :oops:

Maybe I should've just thrown up the crystal ball like I normally do..?? :lol:

Lord Knobrot
2008 2.4L RWD 170+PS 6-speed 350 LWB High Roof.

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather, not screaming like the passengers in his car..!
knobby1
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby craig.hewes » Tue May 02, 2017 6:24 am

Totally my fault and a more than acceptable reply to be fair, I am gonna like it on here lol
Wrote it in such a hurry as I was literally on my way to Wales in under an hour to race, just what I needed!!
It is a 2003 transit connect 1.8 TDDI t220 swab
Cheers
craig.hewes

Postby Altransit » Tue May 02, 2017 9:08 am

I'll put it in the Connect section then 8) :D
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Return to Transit Connect