*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Keys

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Re: Keys

Postby bobbin » Thu May 11, 2017 4:39 pm

I think I'll leave it until I can find someone who knows what there doing. For the time being I have takes the transponder out of a key that worked and will use that for now. So I now have a flip key that works and unlocks and locks from the buttons
bobbin
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby T i m » Thu May 11, 2017 5:02 pm

bobbin wrote:I think I'll leave it until I can find someone who knows what there doing.

That and a fair wind (and my Locksmith seemed to know what he was doing but the van was fighting back. ;-)

For the time being I have takes the transponder out of a key that worked and will use that for now. So I now have a flip key that works and unlocks and locks from the buttons

I also have a flip key that I just need to get cut (the Locksmith said he's do that for free as he couldn't program the second key) and then just transfer the guts out of one of the other (eBay) fobs.

Good luck and I'll let you know if I get anywhere with the Forscan software.

Cheers, T i m
T i m
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby bobbin » Thu May 11, 2017 5:18 pm

Nice, let me know if you get it sorted. Thanks
bobbin
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby RichardB69 » Sun May 21, 2017 5:11 pm

Hi, can anyone please help.
Bought a 2008 connect van. 3 button key fob didn't work so had a new battery fitted. It worked for a short time but not brilliantly then worked intermittently then not at all.
Have tried the reprogramme bit. When I switch to position 2, 8 times the locks cycle ok. then it says to push a button on the remote and the locks cycle again but when I push a button nothing happens. Any ideas very welcome
RichardB69

Postby bobbin » Fri May 26, 2017 12:09 am

Sounds similar to the issues I had with my original key. I ended up buying a new one on eBay, asa above in my post, and then swooping the chip into the replacement once I had it cut and then programmed it, all working perfect now. I think the fobs just get damaged after a while, they aren't the best
bobbin
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby radioman6923 » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:37 am

I have a 2016 Ford Transit Connect XLT and one of the original keys were lost by the original owner. The place I bought the car from bought me a replacement key, just needed it programmed and cut. After seeing all these issues with people programming their own keys, I thank God I listened to my trusted mechanic and had my local Ford dealership code the key!!! You CANNOT program your own keys as the computer will eventually reject both the original key and any others you have! Thed dealership told me(and it's on the net) that every transit has a 3 key limit. To properly add a key, the ECM must be wiped and all keys recoded with new codes to work properly. You go the cheap route and do it yourself, you might get lucky...for a little while. Only a few may have pulled it off where there were no issues. Do it right and be safe, or you can really mess up your vehicle

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
radioman6923
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby blue estate » Thu Jun 15, 2017 8:09 am

radioman6923 wrote:I have a 2016 Ford Transit Connect XLT and one of the original keys were lost by the original owner. The place I bought the car from bought me a replacement key, just needed it programmed and cut. After seeing all these issues with people programming their own keys, I thank God I listened to my trusted mechanic and had my local Ford dealership code the key!!! You CANNOT program your own keys as the computer will eventually reject both the original key and any others you have! Thed dealership told me(and it's on the net) that every transit has a 3 key limit. To properly add a key, the ECM must be wiped and all keys recoded with new codes to work properly. You go the cheap route and do it yourself, you might get lucky...for a little while. Only a few may have pulled it off where there were no issues. Do it right and be safe, or you can really mess up your vehicle

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Your new US spec is different to European spec as up till recently you could program a key your self
PLEASE READ UP !
THIS IS A UK BASED FORUM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
72plt MG 5 ev estate Battery car
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner

Previous

Return to Transit Connect