*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2011 Transit Connect T210 engine problems

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

2011 Transit Connect T210 engine problems

Postby paul_sterling » Mon May 08, 2017 8:39 am

Hi Folks,

Sorry for making this request for info my first post (I will do a better intro later).

I have a 2011 (61 plate) 1.8TDCI Connect T210. it has 109,000 miles on, 72,000 of which in our hands.

in the last couple of weeks we've noticed a drop off in power as the revs rise, behaving a lot like a limp home mode.

over the weekend, I connected an OBD2 diagnostic (bluetooth type), and through the Torque App, i've noticed the boost rises normally to 1 bar as the revs are increased (i didn't note the speed boost picks up, but i'm assuming 1500-1800), but as the revs approach 2500, the boost decays away, and this coincides with the drop in power. changing up a gear (thus dropping the revs) restores the power and boost, until it reaches 2500 again.

There are no fault codes either pending or current (or historic for that matter).

it does a 75 mile round trip each weekday, so gets warmed through well enough, and usually returns (on the trip computer) about 45mpg, the fuel economy has not dropped off since the fault appeared.

There is no black smoke.

thanks, Paul.
paul_sterling

Return to Transit Connect