*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Transit connect part help!

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Transit connect part help!

Postby craig.hewes » Thu May 11, 2017 1:49 pm

Hi
So I have a leak coming from somewhere, I have noticed it under the middle of the van, its quite pink in color and the coolant goes down really quick, checked all pipes etc and no leaks, however noticed that there is a part next to the oil dipstick there is a black kinda box with 3 outlets on this is soaking and looks to be where leak comes from? The oil dipstick actually bolts to this, ca anyone tell me what this part is? I will try and get pictures ASAP,
Or have any idea of any other causes of leaks, changed the water pump etc so kinda at a loss now
Any help would be great,
Thanks in advance Craig
I have a 2003 transit connect TDDi SWB
craig.hewes

Re: Transit connect part help!

Postby blue estate » Thu May 11, 2017 1:50 pm

Thermostat housing get a new one trim TPUK and swap it over
72plt MG 5 ev estate Battery car
blue estate
Remapped by Vantuner

Postby craig.hewes » Thu May 11, 2017 4:55 pm

Thanks
Would this make sense for the leak?
Like I say no leaks from any pipes or anything, changed the water pump etc, if that is the thermo housing it is soaking wet and would it then drip down the pipes in the middle of the van, does the coolant run through this is this?
Just thinking the puddle is a pinky colour which is the colour of the coolant mix, so I guess it must?
Thanks again
Craig
craig.hewes

Postby craig.hewes » Sat May 13, 2017 8:44 am

Anyone??
Just at a loss as to what it can be, I am racing in Ireland end of the month so I really need to get to the bottom of where this leak could come from,
Changed water pump, now going to change the thermo housing etc, anyone have any other suggestions?
Thank you muchly
Craig
craig.hewes

Return to Transit Connect