*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Auto Electrician / Locksmith - Gt Yarmouth / Lowestoft???

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Auto Electrician / Locksmith - Gt Yarmouth / Lowestoft???

Postby James1979 » Mon May 15, 2017 10:32 pm

Evening all

Have tried to search the forum to see if I can solve this myself but I'm admitting defeat! :/

The story so far..........
I have an '04 connect, which has run fine in the year since I've had it. About a month ago I went away and left the dashcam on. By the time I got back the battery was dead, and I couldnt get it to hold a charge. I replaced the battery and all was good.

Van ran fine for about 3 weeks.

Last week the immobiliser came on and the van will no longer start. I get blink code 23, and the code reader gives code B2139 which I believe is the PATS module not recognising the PCM (or the other way round!)

I get good injector fuel pressure on cranking, but it cranks and wont fire.

I've checked as many of the multiplugs as I can and teh looms just in case something has rubbed etc.

I need the van back, so I am looking for a decent auto electrician / locksmiith in the Gt Yarmouth / Lowestoft area who can come to me as I have no way of moving the van.

Any help appreciated.

James 07549775875
James1979
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Auto Electrician / Locksmith - Gt Yarmouth / Lowestoft??

Postby liteace » Tue May 16, 2017 9:12 am

James1979 wrote:
Last week the immobiliser came on and the van will no longer start. I get blink code 23, and the code reader gives code B2139 which I believe is the PATS module not recognising the PCM (or the other way round!)

I get good injector fuel pressure on cranking, but it cranks and wont fire.

Normally these don't / won't crank with key if the immo light is on / flashing?
Please don't send me PM's, i can't access them, when I try I get this:

You are not authorised to send private messages
liteace
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby James1979 » Tue May 16, 2017 2:51 pm

This one does :/ I can't find much out online and fords aren't being that helpful, understandably I suppose.

Light flashes rapidly for about a minute then gives code 23.

I did try it once and there was nothing at all when I tried to crank it. I think it's an electrical connection more than the PCM but I'm not really sure which is why it need a pro.

Appreciate your help, thank you.
James1979
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Van wont start - Fault code B2139 / Blink 23

Postby James1979 » Mon May 22, 2017 9:43 pm

Having spoken to a few auto electricians, the general opinion is that I need to buy an ECU kit off ebay, and change out the PCM, PATS Module, Transducer and a few other bits as a whole kit from a donor vehicle....

Does anybody know if this will even work?! I am having trouble finding anything with the exact part number on ebay - I'm not sure how interchangeable these are?

I have also heard / been told that whatever I buy will need re programming to the fuel pump....

To cut a very long story short, no one has a clue and i have a garden ornament. I dont to keep throwing money at it based on pro's "hunches"! I'm wondering if anyone on the forum has any practical experience of this type of fault?!
James1979
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby APH » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:35 pm

assuming this is the DI engine with mechanical injectors rather than the newer electronic ones, if so, then the pump is a Bosch very similar if not identical to the vp30 used on the normal size transits, and it has the same fault prone EDC control unit on the top of it. The fault you describe sounds exactly like a failed EDC, which requires a new pump and coding to the van jus the same as on a mk6 transit.

Andy :D
03 2.4 TDDI 90 t350 LWB HR white panel van
X reg 2.4 TDDI 90 t350 MWB MR Yellow Panel van
56 reg lwb high roof connect, 1.8 tdci 90 t 220

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")

this is bunny

copy and paste to help bunny gain world domination
APH
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic