*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Air Con 2014 Connect

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Air Con 2014 Connect

Postby get connected » Sat May 20, 2017 5:54 pm

Hi all..

Just wondering if anyone has ever checked their Air Con output temperature at the vents... I'm not 100% sure if mine is at its coolest, there is an obvious chilling going on but nothing in comparison to my C Class Merc, at the end of the day, Air Con is Air Con and should blow out cool, I metered it yesterday on a journey along the A50 to Derby, therefore the engine was running at about 2000 rpm so the compressor would be engaged constantly. The meter reading was 14 degrees C... a little too high I imagine! I look forward to your replys...

Cheers Dave
Keep a smile on your face at all times! The others think you know something that they don't !!!
get connected
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Air Con 2014 Connect

Postby swishvan » Sun May 21, 2017 3:32 pm

I had a similar problem had it topped up and only lasted for a few days, they replaced the condenser rad I think, and was great but has since dropped off the cooling again, they said
there was not enough refridgerant in the system and are going to top it up again.
swishvan
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: Air Con 2014 Connect

Postby get connected » Mon May 22, 2017 1:57 pm

Booked in for Thursday for a top up.. I will let you know how I get on..
:-)
Keep a smile on your face at all times! The others think you know something that they don't !!!
get connected
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Connect