*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

van cuts out

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

van cuts out

Postby eddyh4414 » Mon May 29, 2017 7:11 pm

Hi can anyone help me please.... ive had this problem with my transit connect... when i come out,the van starts,no problem,when the temperature reaches normal engine cuts out and wont restart for about one and half hours till engine is cold or cool... ive had this problem for about 8 months and its frying me brain,just recently i found someone on ebay that repairs the modual (replacing the fuel resitor on the modual because i think the old had failed) so i removed the modual from the fuel injection pump and sent it off for repair,when i finally received it back and refitted.. yes engine started im well happy,only now i need to test it... and you guessed it,yep problem still there its still cutting out and wont restart for another hour or two,RAC man gave me the codes... p1563 injection pump control module requesting engine stop p1664 injection pump control module malfunction p0335 crankshaft position sensor a circuit p0216 injector/injection timing control circuit p0622generator field terminal circuit p1606ECM control relay output circuit and p2200 NO sensor circuit bank 1.... please can anyone help me...
eddyh4414

Re: van cuts out

Postby liteace » Mon May 29, 2017 10:52 pm

Changed the crank position sensor, it could be getting hot and failing
Please don't send me PM's, i can't access them, when I try I get this:

You are not authorised to send private messages
liteace
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Re: van cuts out

Postby eddyh4414 » Tue May 30, 2017 5:04 pm

Hi thank you so much for your kind reply.... ive run the van into my local mechaic and he said excatly the same thing...so hopefully i will get the van back soon and i,ll let you know if the problem is solved... hey thanks again you are a superstar!!and thank you again sir.... i just hope this is the end of a 8 month nightmare cheers edi
eddyh4414

Return to Transit Connect