*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

DPF and no power at low revs

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

DPF and no power at low revs

Postby MrDibley » Thu Jun 01, 2017 12:22 pm

I have problems with my engine having very low power at low revs. It struggles to get the revs up to around 2000 then goes like a train past 25000. I have to rev it up a bit to get going but again struggles below 2000.
I took it for a full service, (it has done around 62000 miles) I only bought it 2 months ago, private, and think I got stitched. Ce la vie.
The local garage, said they found some swarf in the fuel filter, and then tried to replace it but it would not start afterwards and they had to refit the old one. They said there was no fault on the computer they connected it to and they were stumped as to what the problem was. They told me to return in a few days and they would flush out the DPF and hope that it would be cured. I they did this and it didn't cure the problem.
he told me to hang on for a few days while he did some research and try and find a solution. I came back and basically he hadn't bothered his arse, and made a few cursory calls while i as there and mumbled it may end up being a big big job and looked like he wanted me to just fade away, which i did.
I have now took it to another chap that was recomended by a friend and he just told me that this engine does not have a DPF. WTF?
it looks like it is in the turbo somewhere. If anybody has come across this and can offer any help I would be very grateful as we are supposed to going away on holiday in the bloody thing tonight.

cheers folks
Transit connect 2010 1.8TDCi T230 facelift 110BHP
I'm new to transits and more social domestic, commuting. Considering mods to day van/weekend camper.
MrDibley
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: DPF and no power at low revs

Postby Jvic28 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:36 pm

Give me your reg or chassis and i can soon tell you about the dpf. If there was swarf in your filter it could well be a turbo though and i suppose even engine worst case scenario but ine step at a time. I don't think flushing out the dpf would be the answer either way

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Warranty/Service Department Administrator - Ford Main Dealer
Expert in nothing but here to help if I can
Jvic28
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Jvic28 » Thu Jun 01, 2017 11:37 pm

But I'm not particularly technically minded though

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Warranty/Service Department Administrator - Ford Main Dealer
Expert in nothing but here to help if I can
Jvic28
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby MrDibley » Fri Jun 02, 2017 8:13 am

Thanks friend, my reg is 0y60 phj and chasis is WFOUXXTTPUAB22322. CHEERS
Transit connect 2010 1.8TDCi T230 facelift 110BHP
I'm new to transits and more social domestic, commuting. Considering mods to day van/weekend camper.
MrDibley
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Piglet » Fri Jun 02, 2017 2:41 pm

I'm not seeing a connection between metal in the fuel filter and turbo failure.
Metal in the fuel filter could indicate fuel pump failure. if this were the case then yes the seller must have breathed a huge sigh of relief as the rear wheels left his property.
60 plate probably will have DPF. Lay on the floor and look at the exhaust, if there is a can in the pipe around where the seats are that's DPF, if it's just plain pipe then Not.

Oh and if your garage couldn't start it with a new filter then I'm guessing they don't know it has to be pre-filled, and should take up another occupation, grass cutting perhaps.
Piglet
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Connect