*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

A few questions about brakes, lowering, live feed, ecu etc.

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

A few questions about brakes, lowering, live feed, ecu etc.

Postby supZ » Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:54 am

Hi guys,

Been a while since I've posted; not really done much with the van for a while but there are a few things I'd like to improve on it.

I've got a 2004 T230 LWB Connect

1. The brakes don't feel great, just not very powerful and I'd like to improve them. There's plenty of meat on the pads (literally just gone through mot) but I think they should be better. Are there any easy ways to improve performance?

I'd imagine my first port of call would be braided lines if they exist for the connect. Get rid of the old rubber hoses.

On the actual brakes though, would getting some better quality discs and pads be enough or are there callipers from other models that'll bolt on without any hassle?

2. Been trying to find a way to get a live feed into the cabin from the battery to power my amp. Took half the dash out, had a look under the fuse box, took the wheel arch liner out etc.. but couldn't find any obvious ways in. Perhaps I've been spoilt on my cars but I've always found a nice grommet or something that I can run it through.

So.. anyone know how I can get the feed in?

3. I want to get the ecu reflashed but I understand there are anti-tamper bolts on it that need to be drilled out. I seem to remember trying to do it once before but there was little to no room to get to it, let alone a drill. Anyone got any hints or tips on the best way to remove it?

4, I've always wanted to lower it as I use it to put my trackbike in and being a bit lower would obviously make things a bit easier for me. I know that err vantuner is it? Do a kit but I'm concerned about changing the hangers etc.. on a ford that has seen better days underneath. Just had most of the sills and floor completely replaced as they were all rusty. My main question is, if I got a lowering kit (lowering springs and hangers I think?) what other bits and pieces should I change at the same time? I.e. what's worth replacing whilst I have the suspension out?

Got a few other bits on my list but that's the main lot.

If anyone has any advice that will be great. Apologies of it's already all been answered, I am looking through the forum trying to find the info but haven't found exactly what I'm after yet.

Thanks all
2004 Connect LWB TDCi - progress
supZ
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Connect