*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2014 water in both footwells

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

2014 water in both footwells

Postby seikokid » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:12 pm

Hello, I'm a custom owner but just recently bought a used 14 plate connect from trust ford. On delivery found water in the drivers footwell but figured it was from valeting.
closer inspection found both foot wells completely water ridden.

Have removed the seats and the flooring and found water under both seats and all sound matting soaked.

Can't find a definitive answer online and ford have told me there is a TB relating to the AC drain off but that doesn't answer the same amount of water in the passenger side

i had a similar issue in an old '98 audi and the problem was the drain hole in the bulkhead where the battery sat got clogged up, the bulkhead filled with water from the windscreen and then overflowed into the footwells where the ecu lived and wrecked everything

If there is a similar cause i would be interested please ??
seikokid
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: 2014 water in both footwells

Postby seikokid » Sat Jul 01, 2017 1:53 pm

Am i alone on this ? no one at ford is able to comment
seikokid
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby melleo » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:51 pm

Hi,
I bought a 2014 connect last September and had the same but only on drivers side.
I took it to a Ford dealer as it was still under the three year warranty.
They told me it was a known problem and had to apply a sealant.
I have no problems since.Cheers
melleo

Postby seikokid » Tue Jul 04, 2017 7:58 am

Thanks - which ford dealership did you go to please? , was it from the AC run off pipe ?
seikokid
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby melleo » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:19 pm

Hi,
I went to Trust Ford Hounslow,West London,
I assumed it was coming through the bodywork,as they had to apply sealant and kept it for 24 hours.Cheers
melleo

Postby seikokid » Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:38 pm

Ok, got it done under warranty. It was the seal under the left hand side front wing. They had to remove the wings and replace both seals , they also re sealed the air con run off pipe in the centre console as that has been flagged up by ford as a technical bulletin of a known problem
seikokid
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby wizkid » Sat Aug 05, 2017 10:04 am

I also had this its comes from the back of the van I drilled a hole in the floor pan and fitted a grommet don`t forget to paint the newly exposed metal.It can come through the upper sills I removed the step on the sliding door and filled it with expanding builders foam is because the false floor at the front of the load box is not water proof so any water inside the back of the van can leak through to the driver's cab. And through the wet sound proofing on the floor out and replace with rubber sound proofing and plumbers silver heat proofing.
wizkid

Return to Transit Connect