*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Key fob help

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Key fob help

Postby stugordon » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:50 pm

Hi.
I've recently bought a transit connect. When I got it all it came with was one key for the doors & ignition & another key for the fuel tank. The ignition key has a little blue plug whereas the fuel cap key hasn't.
Since buying the van I've sorted a couple of small issues out but have more to do.
After reading how easy it is to program a key fob to work with my van I decided to try it myself. I got the key fob from a scrap car, I think it could of been a mondeo or focus. Anyway I followed the instructions to program th fob to my van & it was easy to do. Now I'm thinking about buying a blank key & having it cut to fit th ignition etc. I'm hoping I can buy a blank key with buttons to open doors etc. Will this work on my connect? Do I follow the same procedures to program this key? Will this type of key work with my van?
If this isn't possible could I program another fob the same as the fob I picked up from scrap yard??
How many key fobs can I program to operate my van?
I would like to have a key fob along with the keys & another fob on my house keys so should I miss place the keys I can still get in to the can with the spare fob.
Will this work??
Thanks
stugordon
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Key fob help

Postby g-man » Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:59 pm

it will if u have central locking, have as many fobs as u want........could also try the search button at top of page
g-man
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: Key fob help

Postby stugordon » Fri Jun 30, 2017 10:32 am

Thanks g-man. I hoped that was the case as I'd like to program two fobs to the van.
Ideally I'd like to get a ignition key cut with the three buttons do opening the d back doors etc with hands full is easy & no need to dig keys out of pocket etc.
I used the search bar st the top of this page just didn't find what I was looking for.
If anyone can confirm if it's possible to program a key with buttons to operate the locks etc while still having the separate fob programmed in as well.
Hope that makes sense??
Thanks
stugordon
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect