*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

External temperature sensor erroneous readings

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

External temperature sensor erroneous readings

Postby roadkingsrule » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:58 pm

Hello all, I have a 2015 Transit Connect XLT with 36.5K miles. Today, while driving in 89 degree heat, the air conditioned suddenly stopped blowing cold air. I looked at the gauges & everything was normal. When I looked at the external temperature display, it showed -6 degrees Fahrenheit. I stopped & turned the van off & restarted it. No change, no AC. Three hours later, after driving & making a few stops, the temp. showed 41 degrees. I tried the AC again & it started to blow somewhat cold air. After driving a while longer, the outside temp showed 82 degrees & the air worked as it should. It is supposed to be in the high 80's to low 90's for the foreseeable future with over 70% humidity. (NW Ohio) Anybody experience this before? I bought an extended warranty just before the 3/36 expired, so I can take it in, but I have to pay a $100 deductible. I'm an ex-professional wrench, so I can replace a sensor if that's the culprit. Thanks!
roadkingsrule

Re: External temperature sensor erroneous readings

Postby Altransit » Wed Jul 19, 2017 10:25 am

I don't think that the sensors are that expensive, so it's got to be worth a try before you go any further.

The sensor is in the front of the RH wheel arch on the big Transit, not sure if the Connect is in the same place :?
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Return to Transit Connect