*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

connect kangarooing, smoke, powertrain warning light

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

connect kangarooing, smoke, powertrain warning light

Postby takworldwide » Sat Jul 22, 2017 8:59 am

Hi all,

just wondering if anyone can shed abit of light on my current problem with my transit connect (58plate TDCI 95ps).

The Problem: A couple of days ago, driving home from work and for a split second the powertrain light came on (cog symbol) the dash and the engine felt like it missed, but this was literally for a second and was fine the rest of the way home.

Next day drove to work fine, but when i jumped into the van to drive home the van wouldn't start, tried to turn over again nothing (each time letting the coil symbol go out). So i opened the bonnet to see if could see anything amiss, there was nothing uplugged or loose that i could see, so i started to wiggle connectors and wires. still wouldnt start, i was just about to ring recovery when i wiggled the main loom, that comes from behind the engine and crosses over the top of rocker cover, then tried again and low and behold it started, running really rough, churning out blueish smoke and kangarooing with the powertrain light coming on and off intermittently.

So for the past 2 days i have repeated the same process to get it started, sometimes it takes 2 minutes some times it takes 15. so im asking for some advice on how to approach this, could it be a dodgy connection, broken wire on the loom maybe?

I have searched this forum, various other forums and google and all with conflicting advice. some are saying fuel filter, some injectors, some egr, some PCM update i dont really want to start throwing money at it and for it not to solve the problem.

thanks in advance for any info or if anyone has had a similar experience please let me know how you ended up fixing it.
cheers
Tom
Transit Connect 58 plate 95ps LWB
takworldwide
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: connect kangarooing, smoke, powertrain warning light

Postby g-man » Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:04 pm

first, get any fault codes read...... saves guessing
g-man
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: connect kangarooing, smoke, powertrain warning light

Postby takworldwide » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:45 am

Ive had it hooked up to a pretty basic OBD2 reader via torque on my iphone but that didnt come back with any stored codes. I guess i need to get it hooked up to ids
Transit Connect 58 plate 95ps LWB
takworldwide
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Return to Transit Connect