*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Interior lights, light warning alarm, door open alarm

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Interior lights, light warning alarm, door open alarm

Postby Bozo83 » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:57 pm

So, I've recently bought a 07 Transit Connect and so far had no end of weird issues...

The first one came on when I tried to wire a reverse camera in and realised that I didn't have any reverse lights. After looking on here I fitted a new reverse light switch today and all is well with my reverse lights and camera, so firstly thanks to everyone that have helped other people with this.

My new problems seems a little bit different. I've searched and read a few pages and they've not really help.

So I've got no interior lights when I open a door, that includes the rear interior light. I've tested the front light and it does work if I switch the ignition on and the light on. I haven't really looked at the rear light, I don't even know if it has a switch?!

The next issue is my clock... every time I turn the engine on/off the clock resets which is a bit annoying but not the end of the world. I got no idea where to start with this issue.

Next up, I was able to drive half a mile down the road yesterday with the door ajar... no warning sound. This issue might be linked to the next issue...

No warning sound when I open the door with my lights on. I'm thinking that might be a door switch but I don't wanna replace it if perhaps all these things are linked?!

I should say I've not got the standard Ford head unit, so I dunno if that is why the audio sounds aren't working, although I would be surprised if the audio warning plays through the stereo speakers rather than their own warning speaker?!

Any help anyone can share with me would be very welcome.

Thanks everyone. Pete.
Bozo83
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Re: Interior lights, light warning alarm, door open alarm

Postby Altransit » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:15 am

Welcome to the forum :D

At least 3 of those issues are caused by an inoperative door pin switch, interior courtesy lights, door open warning, lights on warning are all reliant on knowing when the door is open.
The clock issue, could be as simple as a blown fuse, or equally could be caused by a wiring issue with the aftermarket radio :idea:
1994 Mk4 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (R.I.P.)
1997 Mk5 SWB 115 Minibus 70ps Di (Gone, but not forgotten!)
2004 Mk6 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.0 TDDi - Vantunered (Also gone)
2008 Mk7 SWB T280 Medium Roof 85PS 2.2 TDCi - Also Vantunered
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby Bozo83 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:35 am

Thanks for your reply

Oh, so the clock does get it's perminate live from the radio then? Any idea what colour wires they are?

All my fuses are ok so the clock issue defo isn't caused by that.

Ok, I'll take a look at the door pin switches. I think I'll test if the passenger side turns the light on, that should tell me if the drivers side is naff right?!

Thanks again.
Bozo83
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Bozo83 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:17 pm

So, an update...

Opening either door doesn't turn the interior light on. The interior light only switches on if you put the switch to always on and turn the key in the ignition.

Surely both switches wouldn't go at the same time?!
Bozo83
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby kjb » Sun Jul 23, 2017 9:53 pm

You will need to pull a fuse from under the bonnet for a few seconds, this will reset the door ajar warning sound with lights on & also the interior lights, not sure if the clock is also controlled via this particular fuse, its due to a glitch in the dash , it will happen again, but usually lasts for a while after the fuse trick, can't remember which particular fuse it is though
It`s in fusebox under bonnet,one of the end ones i.i.r.c,has a picture of a speedo marking it on underside of lid.
Pull fuse and give it a minute,then refit & try it. FUSE F20 red in colour 10 A rating I think
kjb
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Bozo83 » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:13 pm

Thanks, I'll try that on the morning and report back.

Cheers
Bozo83
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Bozo83 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:27 pm

It was f20 however it's a black 1a fuse.

Pulled that for about a minute put it back in. But no change. Any other ideas?!

Thanks.
Bozo83
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby kjb » Mon Jul 24, 2017 6:34 pm

wrong fuse try f18, its definitely a red 10a fuse on my 2005 tc
kjb
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Postby Bozo83 » Tue Jul 25, 2017 7:48 am

Hey thanks for the reply.

F18 is a 10a and is labelled as pcm.

Pulled that one for a minute and replaced but still no change. Perhaps I'll just give up. Lol
Bozo83
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby travelling man » Tue Jul 25, 2017 9:05 am

Engine bay fusebox,with the lid off :D there's a row of large fuses on the l/h side,followed by a double row of standard size fuses.
The one you are hunting for is the first standard size fuse on the upper row.

I tied this yesterday morning,as I'm unable to re-set my trip odometer or even able to re-set my clock! Both returned to zero with this fuse pulled and replaced.
'05 Transit Connect T230 LX TDCi Engine buggered in Spain,replaced with a T200 base 12 plate in white which also buggered it's engine in Spain!
2nd Connect had breakdown insurance and an engine swap, see how long it lasts.....
travelling man
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Bozo83 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:58 pm

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately that also didn't work. Perhaps the plot thickens though... Today I got to work and opened my door with the engine running and the interior light came on. Still no audio alarm to say my main lights were on and as soon as i switched the engine off the interior light went off.

How strange!
Bozo83
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Altransit » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:48 pm

Well, that confirms that your pin switches are OK, and reinforces that it's a fault with the speedo or maybe the BCM. My son has the same problem with his Focus, and pulling fuses has not worked for him either. He works away from home, but next time he's here, I'll try disconnecting the battery for an hour and see if that works instead.
You could maybe try the same and see if that works, but make sure that you have the radio code if it needs one :idea:
Altransit
Site Moderator

Postby Bozo83 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:23 pm

I wired a reverse camera in the other day so already had the battery disconnected for about an hour. So that didn't solve my problem either.

But yes, I'm pleased to know the door switches are ok.

You latest thought is paid there's a bad earth someone on that circuit but I wouldn't really know where to start to look on that one lol
Bozo83
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Bozo83 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 2:56 pm

So for anyone that has helped, followed this it also having the same problem...

I've fixed it!!

So, the problem got worse first though. The central locking decided to stop working too.

I thought that the battery saver relay has probably blown. So took the fuse box out to test it, I noticed that there was a burn mark on the circuit board. So popped into eBay and got one for £20 which included a replacement battery saver relay.

Everything now works. So if you suffer with the same problems, check your battery saver relay.

Thanks again everyone.
Bozo83
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby Altransit » Wed Aug 02, 2017 6:57 pm

Good thought, I'll have a look at that next time I see the car. 8)
I know when we had a problem with the C/L (and a few other circuits) on my other sons Focus, that simply needed the fuse box to be unplugged, and re-plugged in, so that was just a faulty connection.
Luckily, one of the forum Ford Techs gave me a heads up with that one, otherwise we may have still been looking :!: :P :lol:

Thanks for reporting back, it's always helpful for when someone else gets a similar problem 8) :D
Altransit
Site Moderator

Next

Return to Transit Connect