*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Delayed acceleration

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Delayed acceleration

Postby Giles07 » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:02 am

Hi guys, got a problem that I can't figure out. To

Engine is responsive and revs good on the spot but if I accelerate a little then disengage clutch and accelerator (so revs come down to idle) then push the accelerator again, the engine is delayed by about half a second to 1 second causing it to be a real pain to drive in traffic. But also on the odd occasion the van drives flawless and doesn't delay. Fault has been getting progressively worse for a year or so and my local mechanic couldn't figure it out so any info I can gather would be greatly appreciated. Any ideas?

P.s: It's worth noting that a p0490 egr fault came on for about a week a while ago but went off on its own and hasn't returned, no other codes.

07 TDCI 1.8 lwb 110ps
Giles07

Re: Delayed acceleration

Postby g-man » Tue Aug 01, 2017 10:07 pm

110s do seem to get a bit of lag.......try blanking the egr
g-man
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Re: Delayed acceleration

Postby Giles07 » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:15 am

I notice the slight lag on the acceleration but this problem is much worse, it only occurs when I'm braking to a roundabout/junction or as I mentioned above. I timed the delay to 2 seconds till the revs started to rise and then if I take my foot off the accelerator the revs continue to raise for a further second. I can't imagine blanking the egr will help solve the issue?
Giles07

Return to Transit Connect