*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

dpf problem

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Re: dpf problem

Postby paul2012 » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:01 pm

kevcarpman wrote:hi sav I had van re mapped egr & dpf delete wish I had done this in first place problem solved .thanks for info so I now have a dpf & sensor for sale that have only done approx. 60 mile

Sell DPF :?: So you've completely removed it from exhaust :?:

I wouldn't sell DPF. You'll will need to refit it for MOT.

As it won't pass MOT if it's missing. :!: :roll:
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby kevcarpman » Fri Aug 18, 2017 5:53 pm

its here on ebay what I am selling item]number https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112527765971 as I put old parts back on cheers kev
kevcarpman
Transit Fan
Transit Fan

Postby liteace » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:52 pm

paul2012 wrote:
It will cost you a lot more now if you get pulled over for road side emission check - (NOT A STANDARD DIESEL SMOKE TEST :!: :!: :!: )

As from 1st August 2017 - DPF deletes EGR valves removed or.................................................

DVSA.jpg

""""NOT A STANDARD DIESEL SMOKE TEST :!: :!: :!: """""""?????????????????????????????????????

have a read

https://www.avontuning.co.uk/blog/dpf-r ... ss-or-fail

You missed a bit, I dont think the little Transit connect is classed as a lorry !! :roll:

Emissions cheat devices to be included in roadside checks of lorries

Capture1.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Please don't send me PM's, i can't access them, when I try I get this:

You are not authorised to send private messages
liteace
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Postby paul2012 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:00 pm

liteace wrote:
paul2012 wrote:
It will cost you a lot more now if you get pulled over for road side emission check - (NOT A STANDARD DIESEL SMOKE TEST :!: :!: :!: )

As from 1st August 2017 - DPF deletes EGR valves removed or.................................................

DVSA.jpg

""""NOT A STANDARD DIESEL SMOKE TEST :!: :!: :!: """""""?????????????????????????????????????

have a read

https://www.avontuning.co.uk/blog/dpf-r ... ss-or-fail

You missed a bit, I dont think the little Transit connect is classed as a lorry !! :roll:

Emissions cheat devices to be included in roadside checks of lorries

Capture1.PNG

CHecks.jpg

Transit Connect here in the UK are classed as Commercial vehicles. Just like the Transit Van is :roll:

As for DPF checking. DVSA will be interrogating PCM to make sure emission controls systems. (DPF, EGR, Adblue etc) are all fully working & not MAPPED out.
This procedure is parts of emissions check. So NO not a standard smoke test :!: - Same procedure to be included in MOT's later this year.

Final plan has been published & these checks includes all commercial vehicles. Including buses & coaches as from 1st August 2017.
Also in that plan Government has orderd 5 cities to have CCAZ (Charging clean Air Zones) implement by 2019.
They are as follows - Birmingham, Leeds, Nottingham, Derby & Southampton.
Other cities will have CCAZ final plans by 2018.

ca1.jpg

Only Euro 5 & 6 diesel commercial vehicled can move freely in those zones. All others that don't meet required emission standards will be charged. :(

& there's more to follow......
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
2007 Ford Mondeo mk4 1.8 TDCI -RETROFIT IN PROGRESS
2009 Jaguar X-Type 2.0D
2010 Vauxhall Insignia- RETROFIT IN PROGRESS

IDS & GM GDS2 services

SUBSCRIBE http://www.youtube.com/@PaulsTechChannel
paul2012
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby liteace » Tue Aug 22, 2017 12:33 am

There are three principal concerns about the effectiveness of the system:

.because of its relative simplicity, there is concern that the MOT test does not reflect a vehicle’s emission performance when it is actually used on the road;

a vehicle’s emissions can increase between the annual snapshots that the MOT test provides, and vary over relatively short periods;

current roadside emission checks have been introduced somewhat hesitantly by the Authorities, and, as currently operated, there are doubts about their effectiveness (and cost effectiveness) on such grounds as the cost of police time and concern about the implications of stopping vehicles.

http://www.environmental-protection.org ... s-testing/

"""DVSA will be interrogating PCM to make sure emission controls systems. (DPF, EGR, Adblue etc) are all fully working & not MAPPED out.""""""""
:roll:

So what are they going to do, buy a bunch of cheap argos generic code readers that get everything wrong, buy cheap clones from china with cracked software or invest heavily in manufacturas specific diagnostics equipment and training then tell drivers to wait half hour as they work out where the dlc is located on the vehicle

"could you step out of the vehicle madam, Ive just got to locate you diag port, wont take long" :lol:
Please don't send me PM's, i can't access them, when I try I get this:

You are not authorised to send private messages
liteace
Transit Devotee
Transit Devotee

Previous

Return to Transit Connect