*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2016 Ford Courier Audio

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

2016 Ford Courier Audio

Postby Igor3k » Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:59 pm

Good Evening everybody!

First of all let me say hello as a freshman to this group, I've been lurking around for a while but since I've recently decided to start doing actual modifications to the van I thought what's better than officially reaching out for help?

Let's start with a quick background - Name's Igor, 22 and I'm an electrical engineer working on power substations all around the UK. I've been a driver of a 2012 Transit for nearly two years up until this february when I took ownership of a 2016 Ford Transit Courier. My weekend warrior is a Toyota GT86 with a plethora of performance modifications all around.

Now off to my dilemma - I've got this van which in every single way has been absolutely great for me, fuel consumption and size wise. However I always felt like the audio department could do with a bit of help - the sound quality coming out of the SYNC head unit/door speakers has been absolutely shocking so far so I'm looking to upgrade in order to make my sometimes +5hr drives to work a little bit more enjoyable. Not looking for a big SPL or SQL build - I'm only planning to own this van for another two years so breaking the bank is not really in the picture.

Are there any owners that could point me in the right direction of what to start with? I've done car audio in the past, I've got leftover sound deadening materials waiting to get installed in the doors and everywhere else however I'm not sure where the best placement for an active subwoofer would be or how to go about changing the OEM speakers... I've been looking around the internet to find some help with pre-made kits to pick up speaker signals from the Head Unit and maybe some adapter rings for the doors but found absolutely nothing. Does anyone know if the UK courier share any components with the current connect??

Any help would be much appreciated, I'm sorry if I was too brief on anything I'm more than happy to express my plans further if there really is someone who'd be happy to help me.

Many thanks!

Igor.
Igor3k

Return to Transit Connect