*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

2015 Connect - Antenna Ground Location / General info?

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

2015 Connect - Antenna Ground Location / General info?

Postby semtex65 » Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:40 pm

Hi All,

Having some major issues with radio reception on my 2015 connect limited, both on FM and DAB. Now, the only change that I can think of that could affect this is that I have had a couple of new windscreens recently. The issues started after the second screen was fitted. I'm aware that on Transit Custom, the antenna ground is on the passenger side A pillar behind the trim there so I figured it was probably going to be a similar location with my connect, and given that this is an area close to the screen I thought maybe the antenna ground had been disconnected when the screen was replaced?

I've had both A pillar trims off but cannot see any grounding points there, certainly nothing (that I can see) that relates to the antenna for the radio. The only think of note is that on the passenger side there is some bare metal with a thread ready to accept a bolt, though nothing is connected here. I've also had the audio control module out and can confirm the antenna connection there is fine.

So my question is, does anyone know where the antenna is grounded for the stereo? Does anyone even know what the setup is on these vans for radio reception - ie, does the radio use just the bee-sting aerial on the roof and/or the heated screen too? If it makes any difference, this is a Sync system with Nav and reversing camera.

Cheers!
semtex65
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect