*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

High pitch noise at idle.......??

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

High pitch noise at idle.......??

Postby pl01 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:34 am

Hi All,

I have a rather frustratingly annoying high pitch noise at idle, if you rev the engine it disappears. You can only hear this noise in the cab. I have recently serviced the van and replaced all cam belt and tensioner, aux belt tensioner and ideler...but this seems to have increased the the occurrence of the noise, I am thinking this is possible a power steering pump issue, I have no other problems with the pump but cant think where else it is coming from. Has anyone else had this problem, what are your thoughts?

Thanks in advance.
pl01
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Re: High pitch noise at idle.......??

Postby mk2dk » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:35 pm

Hi.
I've got the exact same noise at idle. Sounds like vacuum noise to me, perhaps a leaking hose, only noticeable at idle and very annoying.
I'll be following this one, and hopefully we'll solve the issue
mk2dk
mk2dk
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: High pitch noise at idle.......??

Postby pl01 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:54 pm

Mine has definitely got worse since I replaced the tensioner / belt / idler so I'm thinking this is due an increased tension on the belt. Exerting more tension on the pump which would cause an increased noise. I don't really want to put a new pump on if its not the case.
pl01
Transit Aficionado
Transit Aficionado

Return to Transit Connect