*NOW BOOKED FOR 2024* Transitmania 15 @ Santa Pod 19th to 21st July 2024 *ALL DETAILS HERE*

Ford service cost

Use this section to post all specific Transit Connect topics and questions

Ford service cost

Postby cavalino » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:15 am

My connect is coming up for its first service soon (1.5tdci L2) and I have shopped around at a couple of dealers. One quoted £249 that comes with a years aa cover. The other was £185 with no mention of aa cover. Ford advertise a motorcraft service for £149 but I have been advised its not for me as it does not use ford parts(pattern)so would void warranty. With all these different prices flying around not sure which to take. My gut feeling is the £249 with aa cover ,but sound a bit steep for just an oil change.
cavalino
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Re: Ford service cost

Postby Mike » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:36 am

It is expensive but there’s a lot of expensive oil to go in it. How long do you intend to keep the van? 3 years? Get it serviced as cheaply as possible with the correct oil and filters. Remember, your local garage won’t be able to do the updates that a Ford deal can.
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby Jvic28 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:42 am

Ask the cheaper dealer about Ford Assist. He may have forgotten to mention it

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
Warranty/Service Department Administrator - Ford Main Dealer
Expert in nothing but here to help if I can
Jvic28
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Jvic28 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:42 am

We do the first service for £189 with cover

Warranty/Service Department Administrator - Ford Main Dealer
Expert in nothing but here to help if I can
Jvic28
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby V184 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:56 pm

Jvic28 wrote:We do the first service for £189 with cover

Which is what an oil& filter change ?
V184
Transit Fanatic
Transit Fanatic

Postby cavalino » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:13 pm

Well I think the cost is a rip off at Ford. They have you by the googlies as if you don't go to them and pay there price for a service they will void warranty if you need to claim.It is after all just an oil and filter change, the rest of the service is just checking stuff!
cavalino
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby Mike » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:55 pm

cavalino wrote: if you don't go to them and pay there price for a service they will void warranty

Bullshit!
Mike
Wind up merchant!

Postby bigjohnthomas » Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:38 pm

£200/turnips isn't bad really you get your breakdown cover and inspection too
Mine had been to.a tin pot local garage for service by the last gentleman that had it
I took it to the local transit center for its 60k and they said oih allcock this is fooked and thats fooked you w***
Can you bring it back and we will mend it for you for nought?
However the local ford dealer are a bunch of c***s and would of f*** it up
Luckily the transit center is round the corner from them
Ttfn
Mandy
bigjohnthomas
Transit Extremist
Transit Extremist

Postby huns » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:52 pm

1) Services sadly can use any kind of oil. They use barrels, so no telling what actually goes into your vehicle. I worked at dealerships and there is a fuel station near my warehouse. They also sell super cheap Chinese oil to dealers who simply fill up their Castrol barrels and use that to do repairs. Sadly there is no way to catch them doing this. How could anyone tell?
2) The oil filter is insanely hidden and inaccessible on the 1.5L engine. I heavily doubt Ford would ever replace it. Seriously, I would bet you. Put some UV markings on it and check once you get it back. I swear they won't touch it. (You can do it at home, but it's a pain and you need that oil filter housing removal tool too.)
3) With these said I do bring my van to service for warranty (who knows, maybe the engine will die at 30k miles). But I also replace oil after they replace it. And of course, I also replace it in between. Call me paranoid, but see my 1) point. It's also a cheap fix, and with these very tuned engines, fuel, oil, everything is really important.

If there is something wrong with my cars I just bring them to an independent service. Seriously I would be really torn if there were some real issues with my vans. Like IF Ford repairs them, it's under warranty, so no cost to me. But if they touch the engine bay, they will make more damage than it had, and also break tons of bits all around the cabin, the trim, and so on. They also love to leave oil smudges all over the place. It's not easy.
---------------------------------
- Transit MK8 LWB 2.2D 155 bhp - Trend - Cam: Viofo A119 cfw
- Tourneo Connect LWB 1.5D 120bhp - Titanium - Cam: Lukas WK-7950 Dual
- Mondeo MK4 2.2D 235bhp stage1 - Titanium - Cam: Viofo A119 cfw | 70mai Dash Cam Pro
huns
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Postby cavalino » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:01 pm

Well if that's the case with the oil filter I will stay and watch them change it then.
cavalino
Transit Addict
Transit Addict

Return to Transit Connect